<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!  

Max Payne 3 and Chicken

May 22 2012 at 11:28 AM
CapsLock  (no login)

Max Payne 3 is hard as hell. The reticle for your weapon is basically just a dot, which is how it was in the first two, but for some reason it seems much more difficult in this one. Maybe because I'm not playing it on a PC and using a mouse? I don't know but I'm frustrated with the game.

I highly recommend the weber rotisserie attachment for the weber 22.5 inch charcoal grill. I did a chicken last night. Brined it for 2 hours and then rubbed it with a basic southwest rub. So good. Probably the best whole chicken I've ever done on a grill. Beats beer can chicken. I'm going to try a turkey next I think. Maybe I'll do a picture thread.

Anyway, slow day on the board. Going to get my hair cut. I'm going crew cut for the summer.

Later

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
AnonoPajama
(no login)

Re: Max Payne 3 and Chicken

May 22 2012, 11:31 AM 

i blame walts asshole

Respond to this message   
AnonoPajama
(no login)

May 22 2012, 11:39 AM 

So, you've forsaken Mr. Deng and Whitney Houston? Fascinating.

I haven't played a video game since 1995. Sega. How pixellated!

Respond to this message   

Truly Scrumptious
(Login TrulyScrumptious)
Devils

May 22 2012, 11:48 AM 

What kind of brine did you do? I am a huge fan of the brine. We grilled steaks and ionions, and made steak sandwiches with blue cheese and the grilled onions. Sloppy, but so good. We marinated the steaks in Allegro for about 4 hours. Delish.

Respond to this message   
AnonoPajama
(no login)

May 22 2012, 11:54 AM 

I marinate chicken in the spicy Allegro to make chicken quesadillas. It is divine.

When I brine, I usually do a salt/sugar mixture, melt it w/ a little warm water, then fill up w/ cold, add chicken or turkey and let it sit overnight. I've done a quick one w/ frozen shrimp, too. Plumps them up nicely.

This makes killer fried chicken, BTW. Just dredge in flour and fry, covered, for 15-20mins, flip, cover, fry about 15 mins more then uncover and fry about 5 mins more. MmmMMM.

Respond to this message   

Arwen
(Login jeannien)
Angels

May 22 2012, 11:54 AM 

A pic thread would be nice. Include pics of your dog too happy.gif

Do you have a garden this year?

Respond to this message   
CapsLock
(no login)

May 22 2012, 12:12 PM 

Back from the haircut. The dude didn't go short enough, but oh well. Still short.

I just use salt in my brine. Todd's toon on brining showed that adding spices and sugars to the brine doesn't really do that much because only the salty solution gets carried back into the cells of the meat through osmosis. I've tried using lemon and honey and things like that in brines and it doesn't really take. So I just do the salt brine for the juiciness and put the rub on for the flavor. (I just tried finding Todd's toon on brining and couldn't)

Arwen, no garden. I'm still working on keeping up with the yard. I'm starting to figure out I'm going to have to be a grass guy. Like weed and feed and all that shit. I didn't want to be a grass guy but you almost have to unless you want to cut the crab grass every 3 days. Maybe next year or the year after for the garden. I just started a little herb planter on the tiny back porch, though.

Respond to this message   
AnonoPajama
(no login)

May 22 2012, 12:13 PM 

You got a haircut in 14 minutes?

Please tell me you're not the violator or one of those anon "for the fun of it" snipers. That would be very disappointing.

Respond to this message   
CapsLock
(no login)

May 22 2012, 12:16 PM 

Where do you get 14 minutes, Sherlock? And yes, the place is like 3/4 of a mile from my house. There were three barbers shooting the shit when I walked in because it's a Tuesday morning and no one is there.

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

May 22 2012, 12:16 PM 

You'll be that guy walking around his lawn in golf shoes!

I'm going to BBQ this weekend. I think salmon burgers for the boy and chicken burgers for me. Anyone have a good no meat/no mayo side? I was thinking about making beans... Kidney beans, ketchup, brown sugar, diced onion and diced red papper. Then you bake it (with bacon on top, but the boy doesn't eat bacon so I'll skip it).

Respond to this message   
CapsLock
(no login)

May 22 2012, 12:19 PM 

They do that to aerate the lawn.

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

May 22 2012, 12:20 PM 

You've got them on right now, don't you.

Respond to this message   
AnonoPajama
(no login)

May 22 2012, 12:21 PM 

walts asshole

Respond to this message   
CapsLock
(no login)

May 22 2012, 12:25 PM 

More like this...

Respond to this message   
Appalled
(no login)

May 22 2012, 12:27 PM 

My yard is awful and I long for thick like carpet grass. I've got clover and dandelions.

Caps, did the rotisserie turn itself?

Respond to this message   
CapsLock
(no login)

May 22 2012, 12:28 PM 

Yeah. It's got a little motor that mounted on the side.

Respond to this message   
Appalled
(no login)

May 22 2012, 12:31 PM 

Interesting. Maybe my next grill gadget.

I'm having a very small memorial day party. I'm just thinking burgers and dogs and catered fried chicken. Oh and this cake, I made it last year and it was a huge hit.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/flag-cake-recipe/index.html

Ginny he doesn't eat mayo either? You must really love this guy.

Respond to this message   
CapsLock
(no login)

May 22 2012, 12:34 PM 

That cake looks great. I like the fresh fruit on it. Very nice.

Here's what the rotisserie looks like.(not my pic) The thing cost 140 bucks, though. Kinda pricey. But I'm a materialistic, meat eating, American, so WTF, right?

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Appalled
(no login)

May 22 2012, 12:38 PM 

Wow! A man who likes a well turned chicken!

Was it a pain to put the chicken on and off?

Respond to this message   
Appalled
(no login)

May 22 2012, 12:40 PM 

Oh, and the cake is fantastic, the cream cheese icing with the fruit makes it!

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!