<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!  

Leadership Qualities

July 28 2012 at 4:06 AM

Dr.Zhivago  (Login Dr.Zhivago)
Devils

Ok, I'm in the cephalopod group. Hi, Tam.

When I think of leadership and the qualities that epitomize it, Squid is certainly the first name that comes to mind. Nelson Mandela. Oprah Winfrey. Spartacus. These great names in leadership history are synonymous with Squid Boy, although not literally. Since June, Squiddy has fearlessly led our street dance fighting group into dance fighting battles across several neighborhoods in the greater metropolitan Boston area, and I'm not talking about fancy neighborhoods like Cambridge or Brookline, either.

One of the greatest skills that Squidward demonstrates in street dance fights is this awesome hopping move where he like sort of jumps onto his hands and then uses them to push off the ground back onto his feet a bunch of times. I think he can do this because he is really strong and has good upper body strength. His core is super strong, too. Another skill Squiddy uses as our leader is his trash talking skills. Whenever we meet up with another street dance fighting group, Squiddo always starts talking trash to them and everybody around is like, "Awww, no he didn't! Did you hear what that guy just said to us? Oh, it's on!" El-Squid is not just really strong, but also really clever.

In Szczquid's case, his leadership skills are a result of both the setting and the qualities that are inherent in his personality. For instance, he led us down Heath Street once, and started talking a lot of trash to this group of guys. When they came over to us, Squarto started doing that hopping move I was talking about earlier. The rest of our group followed his lead and tried to do the hopping move also, but we must have done it wrong and the group from Heath Street wound up beating us. They didnt even dance, they just beat us all senseless, which was kind of weird, I guess.

I would like to develop some of the skills that Squidward uses to lead us in these street dance fighting battles in my professional life. Specifically, I think that his trash talking skills would be useful in my career as a librarian. It seems to get everybody around him really excited, which I think would be helpful for getting our patrons excited about being in a library. Also, that hopping thing is just really cool and I could definitely use that skill just about anywhere; technical services, public services, management. Anywhere.

Land sakes alive, the steak's alive.

This message has been edited by Dr.Zhivago on Jul 28, 2012 5:02 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Arwen
(Login jeannien)
Angels

Re: Leadership Qualities

July 28 2012, 4:30 AM 

You, Sir, are one of the best things about this bored.

Never leave again.

Respond to this message   

Dr.Zhivago
(Login Dr.Zhivago)
Devils

July 28 2012, 4:37 AM 

Aw, Arwen darlin', you're the apostroph'n best.

Land sakes alive, the steak's alive.

Respond to this message   
CapsLock
(no login)

July 28 2012, 8:09 AM 

That was awesome. LOL @ "The didn't even dance, they just beat us senseless"

Respond to this message   

Tamrah
(Login Tamrah)
Angels

July 28 2012, 10:58 AM 

Awesomeness personified.  Arwen is right.  You must stay.  Nay, you must stay and do that hopping thing your own way.

wss.jpg 

Respond to this message   
Squid Boy
(no login)

July 30 2012, 8:47 AM 

If only my core was stronger!

Respond to this message   
Anonowanger
(no login)

July 30 2012, 8:55 AM 

Doc Z, you're the man. Szczquid. Heh.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!