<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!  

Anyone ever try fasting?

September 5 2012 at 2:09 PM

$8.00  (Login 8_Bucks)
Angels

I'm trying a three day fast. Mostly to see if I possess the willpower.

I'm halfway there, and all I can think about us food. I fell asleep last night thinking of food.

Go ahead.... Post your pictures of delicious food

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Arwen
(Login jeannien)
Angels

Re: Anyone ever try fasting?

September 5 2012, 2:10 PM 

Fasting? You mean eating nothing or drinking juice or what?

Respond to this message   
Anonowanger
(no login)

September 5 2012, 2:13 PM 

It's a good way to gain 5lbs you didn't have before you started.

Are you trying to kick your body into whatevery-science-term so you can go on an all bacon diet? Atkins died, ya know. Fell out and cracked his head open, the poor, cholesterol-laden chap.

Respond to this message   

Hep C
(Login Hepatitis_C)
Angels

September 5 2012, 2:17 PM 

After I watched Fat, Sick And Nearly Dead I tried the juice fast.

I made it 14 days before I caved. The hunger goes away after about 3 days and I just missed chewing food.

I normally do a 3-day cleanse once a year.

Respond to this message   
Aurora
(no login)

September 5 2012, 2:18 PM 

I once had my mouth wired shut and was on a liquid diet for 2 weeks. And yeah, ya miss the chewing.

Respond to this message   
Anonowanger
(no login)

September 5 2012, 2:23 PM 

That cleanse thing is total bullshit. I've seen women mix up hot sauce and apple juice or some stupid crap and suck on it for a couple of days. I think that's been debunked about 100 ways from Sunday. Our liver and kidneys cleanse us. It's what they do.

Respond to this message   

Arwen
(Login jeannien)
Angels

September 5 2012, 2:20 PM 

I considered that as well, Hep. 2 weeks eh? It's crazy impressive how long he lasted.

Do you ever incorporate into your day now?

Respond to this message   

deej
(Login DJ.)
Angels

September 5 2012, 2:21 PM 

I would never be so mean

May Steak Dinner to Benefit The Sno-Valley Senior Center

as to post yummy food

nachos1.jpg

To someone who's starving

Easy Chocolate Cake

Respond to this message   

Arwen
(Login jeannien)
Angels

September 5 2012, 2:23 PM 

OMG those nachos look AMAZING!

Respond to this message   

Squid Boy
(Login SquiddyBoy)
Devils

September 5 2012, 3:45 PM 

I've twice done "The Apple Diet" - which was a fast a local professor did himself annually to clean out his bowels.

At some point you're just pooping string. And I swear other things are coming along with it. I've always felt better after doing it.

I haven't done it in about 6 years. Maybe it's time again!

I was just reading the internet about apple diets - and the apple fast isn't listed as a crazy one that will kill you, nor has it been truly demonstrated to help you live longer.

One interesting thing I saw though, was the simple idea of eating an apple before starting any meal. That it'll fill you up with fiber and water, and therefore you'll eat less at the meal.

That sounds pretty interesting to me! I'm definitely going to try that.

Respond to this message   
Ginny
(no login)

September 5 2012, 2:26 PM 

Not really on purpose, but in the past I've not eaten for a few days before due to depression. By the third day I was hallucinating and decided I better eat.

Respond to this message   

Hep C
(Login Hepatitis_C)
Angels

September 5 2012, 2:41 PM 

After about a week you really start to realize how much of our daily rituals center around the act of eating.

I don't incorporate it into my regular routine but I do a 3-Day cleanse once a year.

Respond to this message   
Appalled
(no login)

September 5 2012, 2:52 PM 

When I'm depressed I crave sugar and fried foods.

I could never fast, I have no willpower and get terrible headaches if I go too long without eating.

Even though I hate Rachel Ray, I've had great success with this nacho recipe

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/super-nachos-recipe/index.html

Respond to this message   

jo
(Login Cuppajo)
Devils

September 5 2012, 3:37 PM 

I don't think I could fast.

The few times I've had to have blood work done on an empty stomach damn near did me in.

No food for me in 12 hours - I will take hostages

Respond to this message   
niceblue
(no login)

September 5 2012, 3:51 PM 

I have never willingly fasted, however, have tried eating completely raw foods. That is where I learned, same as Hep, so much of our day is devoted to food preparation.

Good luck to you $8! happy.gif

Respond to this message   

Arwen
(Login jeannien)
Angels

September 5 2012, 4:17 PM 

Anon is right, cleansing and fasts have been debunked just like multi vitamins have been debunked as having any use what-so-ever but people still take them. I can't imagine juicing or adding veggies to a protein shake would be bad for you and lord knows people don't have enough variety of veggies in their diet...

That always makes me think...

I imagine early man, whether he was in the Garden of Eden or in the caves, didn't have much variety in his diet at all. Today we have the most variety of food ever available in history, with fresh and frozen foods coming in from all over.

If you just look at a normal diet, not the 24/7 fast food diet, where people eat a little bit of a lot of things, is that not enough variety? Are we really supposed to be eating something from each colour of food possible as far as vegetables? Early man never had access to this variety, how could our bodies be evolved so that we NEED this variety nutritionally?

Is it our brains that need all this because man hasn't changed much since the Industrial Revolution and yet we are being told that to be optimally healthy we need all this variety. Let's not even account for the milk and wheat lobbies that affect the shape of the food pyramid or plate or whatever it's called now. I mean early man was either eating only whole grains because it was all he could grow or eating none because cattle were eating it.

Do you know what I mean?

Respond to this message   
nicoblue
(no login)

September 5 2012, 4:26 PM 

From the research I have done it has more to do with less nutrients in our produce stemming from soil depletion.

Respond to this message   

Lisa
(Login lovebird8)
Angels

September 5 2012, 4:20 PM 

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it said, "Anyone ever try farting?

I tried a juice fast once. Once. Didn't even make it 24 hours. I think fasting is kind of like religion. It works for some people, not so much for others.

Respond to this message   

Funk
(Login Funkenstien)
Devils

September 5 2012, 4:27 PM 

Multivitamins have been debunked? I'd like to see that information. I don't eat as balanced of a diet as I should and rely on multivitamins to fill in any gaps. They help me because I have more energy and am more wakeful after I take them.

Respond to this message   

Squid Boy
(Login SquiddyBoy)
Devils

September 5 2012, 4:35 PM 

Yeah, I've never seen a definitive debunking of multi's. Would love to see backup for that...

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to the Start!