Front sight is already gone...

by Bill (Login blklion)

I cut it off and smoothed down the brake so it looks like it never existed. Rear sight is also removed and tossed in the spare parts bin. If anyone breaks their rear sight and needs a replacement let me know and they can have it.

I also tore into the thing last night for the first time (power plant) mostly because I wanted to remove a length of black thread that was trapped between the receiver and stock and stuck out on both sides. As long as it was apart I figured checking the piston seal and cylinder would be a good idea so it was introduced to my spring compressor. Once I got it apart I found yet another length of the same black thread in the cylinder between the wall and the seal. This had to have been causing some leakage so it will probably shoot harder next time out. After lubing the spring is now fairly quiet on the cocking stroke so maybe most of the "twang" is also gone. I won't be shooting it until the new scope arrives and gets mounted so whether it shoot harder or not remains to be seen.

The thread? Not sure where it came from. Might have been when the gun was wiped down at the factory or some chinaman got his pajamas caught in it. Anyway, it's almost ready to rock and roll at this point. After the scope is on and it's tested for groups and FPS I'll post results and photo(s).

Posted on Nov 20, 2005, 5:02 AM
from IP address 209.112.93.227

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Find more forums on Air GunsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement