PNG Oz Board

This is a PNGSCAPE site.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to PNG Oz Board  

Are we gonna celebrate!

September 1 2006 at 8:44 PM
Anon 

Just wondering if the Canberra community or High Com were going to put on a get together for independence day. Olsem askim tasol? There doesn't seem to be any talk.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Re: Are we gonna celebrate!

September 2 2006, 3:52 PM 

Forget it, we are just too busy..

Respond to this message   
Mangi-K

September 3 2006, 7:21 AM 

Just too busy! This just sums up the overall attitude of most PNGeans. Just too busy or Just don't care. I believe it is the latter. No wonder our beautifull country is in it's current state. Just too busy and Just don't care, in other words could't give a rats! Regardless come September 16 I will hold my had up high and salut the Kumul and the Southern cross and know deep down that I am proud to be from Papua New Guinea. Cheers and happy celebrations to all of you out there who are not to busy.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

September 4 2006, 1:01 PM 

Mangi K, my academic survival is important at this stage. You go on with the working class people celebrate it for all of us.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

September 3 2006, 12:49 PM 

It seems celebrations are all about eating and drinking only, nothing better or productive to do for the country.They are the same old things done year in year out.Mi les ya. The money meant for the celebrations should be converted to some productive use for PNG. I am just worried for the future generations for Papua New Guineans.

Respond to this message   
7milebeach

Information on Canberra 31st Ind Celebration

September 4 2006, 9:59 AM 

Respond to this message   
concerned citizen

September 6 2006, 4:43 PM 

I agree money raised here from celebrations like this should go back to png to help those charities who are doing marvellous jobs of helping our less fortunate in the country.

Respond to this message   
Mangi-K

September 6 2006, 5:07 PM 

Concerned Citzen na Anonymous, mi agree 100% wantaim yupela. Anyway I thought I'd just throw the topic around. Anyway thanks for the feedback you guys. It was truly appreciated.

Cheers!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Are we gonna celebrate!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to PNG Oz Board  
PNGSCAPE Komuniti Boards