The QBasic / QB64 Discussion Forum      Other Subforums, Links and Downloads

secular wisdom?

by mennonite (no login)

i also don't think it is man's job to find god in this life, not exactly. if it matters that we find god, it will happen.
i think it's useful to find what people call "godliness" regardless of belief in god. i think it's useful to walk paths (of our own making) that lead us to being better people. god may or may not be involved. but god is not here, not really. god is elsewhere, if anywhere. and there are manifestations, or relics, or nothing... but if we meet a god at all... that really comes later.
and the way it happens is, you leave here. you leave here before you die, or you leave here when you die. but you also live here. and the way you live matters. you live well, you help others live well, good. you live to destroy, you haven't lived. but all this official business, you know what i think of that. it's more important to do all you can here. god's eternal? well fine then, he's learned to wait.

Posted on Jun 21, 2005, 1:17 PM

Respond to this message   

Return to Index

Response TitleAuthor and Date
An interesting ideaThe PhyloGenesis on Jun 22
 i've been ranting about this for two days, and then found these words from a devout jew...mennonite on Jun 22
  you also need to adjust your measurements...mennonite on Jun 22
   in conclusion...mennonite on Jun 22
    *or just drown all the robots! that'll teach em a lesson for sure! (now Everyone's happy)mennonite on Jun 22
     LOLOL [mennonite 0? phylo 1]mennonite on Jun 22
      ooh, other stuff (this is really all mac's fault, he started this thread ;)mennonite on Jun 22
       You're crazy, I was serious, and well whatever, just read the post!The PhyloGenesis on Jun 24
        God is our Judge, and we are responsible for our OWN actions, not someone elses...Michael Calkins on Jun 24
         WellThe PhyloGenesis on Jun 25
          oh and i still don't understand how a lack of commandments from godmennonite on Jun 25
           If there are no commandmentsThe PhyloGenesis on Jun 25
          Re: WellMichael Calkins on Jun 25
           I need some more explanationsThe PhyloGenesis on Jun 25
            *I think I will respond through email within in a few days.Michael Calkins on Jun 26
         i think lesbians are great.mennonite on Jun 25
          so what's the "solution" anyway?mennonite on Jun 25
           *When I said crazy, I was kidding, I meant more that I'm too sleepy to argue properly.....The PhyloGenesis on Jun 25
           A reply to your "hmm" post in the main forum.Michael Calkins on Jun 25
            what i "believe" these daysmennonite on Jun 25
             for mac... an atheist view of immortality, life after death (sci fi geeks will adore it)mennonite on Jun 25

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Newbies usually go to www.qbasic.com and click on The QBasic Forum
Forum regulars have their own ways, which include The QBasic Community Forums