The QBasic / QB64 Discussion Forum      Other Subforums, Links and Downloads

Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Why are the parents allowing their kids to riot? Those kids need to be spanked.
    • (Login MCalkins)
      Posted Aug 9, 2011 10:47 AM

I am absolutely not advocating shooting people, but I think if what is happening in London would have happened here, I think quite a few of those rioters would have been shot, if not by the police, by the home and business owners.

Over here, all police carry semiautomatic pistols, and many have AR15s in their cars. Also, many citizens are gun owners.

However, with regard to the question in the title (Why are the parents allowing ____?), the same could be asked with regard to all the drug users here. Even with the small cities of Floresville (6000 people) and Poth (2000 people), there are significant drug usage and addiction problems among the youth, obviously with negative effects on themselves and society. Besides the direct negative impact of drug usage, it encourages the cartel problem in Mexico. Our neighbors a short distance to the south and to the west are living in a society that has come unglued.

Considering these problems, as well as all the others (example: the famine in Somalia, the murder in Syria, etc), the world sucks.

Regards,
      Michael
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Newbies usually go to www.qbasic.com and click on The QBasic Forum
    Forum regulars have their own ways, which include The QBasic Community Forums