The QBasic / QB64 Discussion Forum      Other Subforums, Links and Downloads

Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Art
    • Ben (no login)
      Posted Apr 17, 2012 12:28 AM

Art is a very relavent topic. There is lots of art and it comes in forms of paintings, literature, poetry, etc. I found many times that the charisma or character of a person is often judged based on how he precieves these types of art. Imagine art taking form of a chocolate cake.

A person like me looks at the chocolate cake and wonders, what will eating this cake do for me? He will observe it, take a small sample, and come with a logical conclusion. "This cake appears to be sweet, made of chocolate, has a cherry, etc." In terms of art/literature, his type of reaction is considered 'superficial' or 'materealistic' and people will say that you are a simple worthless boring person.

Now imagine a big dumb fat girl approaching this cake. Without hesitation she shovels the **** thing in her throat and starts moaning in pleasure. "OMMG it's sooo yummmmeeey ... mmhmmmmm." This type of reaction is considered very deep and rich, full of emotion and expression. One who reacts this way to art is considered deep and intellectual.

What do you think? I go to school where I am required to study literature and stuff like that, and I feel like I am being ****** over as far as grades for this particular phenomenon. Perhaps if I was a jewish lawyer, I would give them the reaction that they want to hear, and then behind their backs laugh to myself and say, "******** idiots." But I don't have such slick skill in that regard and am stuck in this house of ***** *****.
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)