The QBasic / QB64 Discussion Forum      Other Subforums, Links and Downloads

WTH is wrong with the world??

by SMcNeill (no login)

http://mashable.com/2017/05/15/trumps-lawyer-daughter-lingerie/#yr.xdudfCOqW

Here's a story which I swear just confounds the hell out of me. This guy's daughter is in an ivy league college. She gets asked to model for one of her friends who is aspiring to be a photographer. The photo is based off a famous picture from the 1960s, and contains no nudity or really objectionable material. You can see racier photos in the damn Sport's Illustrated Swimsuit issue, or a JC Penny salespaper...

The proofs for the pictures come back, and the model likes the photo and shares it on her instagram account. It's hugely popular and gets all sorts of positive feedback...

And then...

Her father, being proud of her accomplishments as both a model and a student, shares the photo on his instagram account...

AND THE INTERNET HAS A BREAKDOWN BECAUSE HE WAS TRUMP'S LAWYER!!

WTF?!

He shared a black and white modelling shot of his daughter, 21-year-old Samantha, with the words: "So proud of my Ivy League daughter... brains and beauty channeling her Edie Sedgwick".

Minutes later, he found himself branded "Mr Creepypants" by critics on Twitter.

"Most fathers don't post lingerie shots of their daughters. I guess #Trump must be rubbing off on you," one tweeter said.

WTH?! WTH???

Most fathers don't post lingerie shots of their daughter -- I'll concede this much is true. BUT MOST DAUGHTERS AREN'T MODELING LINGERIE EITHER!!

Isn't the left all for women's rights? Women's empowerment? If this was a picture of his son sitting on a box in his boxers, would anyone have cared? Of course not!

Of course, nobody really cares about this photo either. They're just trying to stir up another controversy about someone related to Trump. "Trump's Lawyer posts nasty pictures of his daughter in lingerie!" Just look at the headline, and it sounds horribly inappropriate -- almost as if he snuck a camera into the bathroom and clicked pictures while she was changing and then shared them on the internet!

The fact that these are professional modeling photos, which were already shared publicly by his daughter, means jack shit to all these insane haters! Somehow they make it sound wrong for a father to support his daughter's choice to be a model -- as if there might be something socially unacceptable with such a thing!!

I think, before any nutcase gets offended, they should see what the young lady in question thinks about the whole situation:
She told Dailymail.com: "My father, who has always been supportive of my endeavours, was merely expressing his pride. There is nothing inappropriate in the picture and those who seek to make it something it is not are merely Trump haters who are using this as an opportunity to stir up drama.

"I find it hypocritical that those who consider themselves liberal would criticise a woman embracing her body. There is nothing sexualised about the photograph... it is tasteful and it is demure."

And do you guys know what I find to be the absolute most astonishing thing??

Democrats generally support a woman's right to go nude or topless in public. They have no issue with a woman exposing her body, if that's what she wants to do. GO WOMAN POWER!!! (Here's a link to one democrat event for pro-nudity:https://www.facebook.com/events/266831823478714/

And yet...

...They find it wrong for a father to share his daughter's professional modeling photos online!

WTH?!!

*********** And just for quick reference:

63. Washington State Legislature: End discrimination against women in indecent exposure law. Specify that women may be topless when and where men are allowed to be topless.

64. Whatcom County and cities: Designate clothing-optional public beaches.

65. City of Bellingham: Permitted events with prearranged times and routes that involve non-lewd nudity should not be interfered with by police just because an individual phones in a complaint. Seattle no longer arrests participants in the annual World Naked Bike Ride; Bellingham should do likewise.

View the full Draft Platform at:
http://www.whatcomdemocrats.com/story/2014-03-02/platform-committee-begins-review

We're all for women's rights to be topless! We're all for nude beaches! We'll all for naked bike rides!

AHHHHHHH!! Trump supporter posted a picture of his daughter modeling in lingerie! That's EEEEEVVVVVIIIIILLLLLL!!!!

Damn hypocrites!

Posted on May 16, 2017, 1:44 AM

Respond to this message   

Return to Index

Response TitleAuthor and Date
No, hypocrites are people who use illegal immigrants and yet mock themMr Obvious on May 16
 Of course they are free to go back to their own f*cking country anytime they want.Pete on May 16
The connection to Trump explains it.Michael Calkins on May 16
 Re: The connection to Trump explains it.Pete on May 16
 There is no need to hold back from attacking and undermining Trump.Michael Calkins on May 18
  Drumpf is merely a DIVERSION for Republicans to do their evil plans...Mr Obvious on May 18
   Once again, Clippy and math = FAILSMcNeill on May 18
    Link to see food stamp costs inside, if wanted.SMcNeill on May 18
    As for the claim of "pay under $20 per year"...SMcNeill on May 18
     Social Security and Medicare are PAYROLL TAXES paid for YOUR BENEFIT fool!Mr Obvious on May 19
      Well, as the old saying should go... Ask a stupid person, get a stupid answer.Pete on May 19
      Re: Social Security and Medicare are PAYROLL TAXES paid for YOUR BENEFIT fool!SMcNeill on May 19
       DUH, there are income tax brackets that pay much more taxes...DumassMr Obvious on May 19
        * The rich already got their way, 2008 - 2016. Guess who the President was? Barry!Pete on May 19
      Whatever you want....SMcNeill on May 19

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Quantcast

Newbies usually go to www.qbasic.com and click on The QBasic Forum
Forum regulars have their own ways, which include The QBasic Community Forums