<< Previous TopicReturn to Index  

So Rim Jang kwan

January 10 2004 at 1:10 PM
Score 5.0 (1 person)
Master Zacker  (Login masterdz)

Greetings,
Im interested in any information on so rim jang kwan the old moo duk kwan version. I now have some knowledge of some of the movements within the hyung but still am missing pieces of the puzzle. I need to see this form! any help is greatly apperciated!
Master Z
tmasblue @aol.com feel free to e mail me!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JH
(no login)

Re: So Rim Jang kwan

Score 5.0 (1 person)
January 16 2004, 3:15 PM 

Master Kim. Do you know or do you know difinitively of anyone in Korea that does the Moo Duk Kwan So Rim Jang Kwon. We have already tracked down several forms claiming to be So Rim Jang Kwon but they are forms done by other Kwans ... and from what we've learned...none of them are the same as the form that Hwang Kee taught years ago in the Moo Duk Kwan. Recently, Dan Segarra of the Warrior Scholar site, posted information that he may have discovered a source documenting the form we are looking for. I remember seeing Master Han Chi Sup practicing this form when I was in Korea in 1984 so I have seen it. The form Dan Segarra has described seems awfully familiar to me...and I believe he has the right form. If so...I'm hoping we can make contact with someone who actually DID learn the form from Hwang Kee or one of his senior students who can verify the information we have. Our goal is to ensure this form is documented so it won't be lost as it is no longer part of the MDK curriculum. If you can assist us in this endeavor, it would be appreciated.

John Hancock

Don Daly
(no login)

Trying to learn So Rim Jang Kwon

No score for this post
November 8 2011, 5:24 PM 

John,

I am a Sah Dan from a now independent school of Tang Soo Do from Wyoming. In the past I have learned all the Old Moo Duk Kwan forms (cerca 1972) except for So Rim Jang Kwon. Tae Kuk Kwon (Chang Style 108 step form) was not listed in the Dan Manual that year, but I hope to learn it afterwards. I would like to be able share my progress with you and other seekers of this elusive So Rim Jang Kwon and get your input and correction if possible. I have been researching Shaolin Chang Chuan style, as well as some of the Chinese roots of Okinawan Kempo, and have greatly appreciated your sharing of the Jang Kwon and Cheul Kwon forms done by Bobby Murphy for insights into So Rim Jang Kwon. Please e-mail me at DonaldWDaly@gmail.com. Tang Soo!

Don Daly
(Login DonDaly)

So Rim Jang Kwon studies

No score for this post
November 8 2011, 5:44 PM 

John,

I am a Sah Dan from a now independent school of Tang Soo Do from Wyoming. In the past I have learned all the Old Moo Duk Kwan forms (cerca 1972) except for So Rim Jang Kwon. Tae Kuk Kwon (Chang Style 108 step form) was not listed in the Dan Manual that year, but I hope to learn it afterwards. I would like to be able share my progress with you and other seekers of this elusive So Rim Jang Kwon and get your input and correction if possible. I have been researching Shaolin Chang Chuan style, as well as some of the Chinese roots of Okinawan Kempo, and have greatly appreciated your sharing of the Jang Kwon and Cheul Kwon forms done by Bobby Murphy. I believe these forms will give me further insights into the Moo Duk Kwan So Rim Jang Kwon. Please e-mail me DonaldWDaly@gmail.com.
If you would like for us to share our progress with each other.

Your fellow student,

Don Daly

Don Daly
(Login DonDaly)

So Rim Jang Kwan studies

No score for this post
November 8 2011, 5:42 PM 

Master Zacker,

I am a Sah Dan from a now independent school of Tang Soo Do from Wyoming. In the past I have learned all the Old Moo Duk Kwan forms (cerca 1972) except for So Rim Jang Kwon. Tae Kuk Kwon (Chang Style 108 step form) was not listed in the Dan Manual that year, but I hope to learn it afterwards. I would like to be able share my progress with you and other seekers of this elusive So Rim Jang Kwon and get your input and correction if possible. I have been researching Shaolin Chang Chuan style, as well as some of the Chinese roots of Okinawan Kempo, and have greatly appreciated John Hancock's sharing of the Jang Kwon and Cheul Kwon forms done by Bobby Murphy. I believe these forms will give me further insights into the Moo Duk Kwan So Rim Jang Kwon. Please e-mail me DonaldWDaly@gmail.com.
If you would like for us to share our progress with each other.

Your fellow student,

Don Daly

<< Previous TopicReturn to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement