Return to Index  

New Rifle action & New Stock

July 2 2012 at 6:57 AM
  (Login howie1a)
from IP address 97.97.32.101

I just got this FWB 300S action it is a great shooter, reminds my of the Fast Deer I had a few years ago a lot of the parts look as if the Deer was a copy of this rifle. It shows in the cocking lever and the ratachet system for the bear trap. Any way I have built a new stock it is not fully done yet but will need the finish to be put on the rifle. I have been shooting it, it is one of the most accurate rifles I've had , and I have had RWS 48,52,54,34, PCP's Underlever's ect. as well as a pile of china rifles by far this shoots best. What I would like is what do you think if I was to remove the front sight it would have to be cut off that would leave the part that is on the barrel but the top would have to be cut off. I don't know if this would spoil the resale valve or maybe it would make it worth more. But it would now only be a scope gun . With the scope I have now on the rifle it weight 10.6 lbs. and that is what the rifle would weigh with the factory target stock, I bought only the rifle without the stock. I don't want to change the length of the barrel or change anything that would affect to accuracr of the rifle. I know I like to shoot iron sights , and if I leave it in the configgeration it is now I just need to get a rear target sight.
[linked image] [linked image]

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 I wouldrick bJul 2, 2012, 7:16 AM
  Howie:warrenJul 2, 2012, 2:11 PM
 Re: New Rifle action & New Stock Jul 2, 2012, 2:08 PM
  Re: New Rifle action & New Stockhoward intveldJul 2, 2012, 3:26 PM
 300sphilip_TJul 2, 2012, 3:50 PM
  Re: 300showard intveldJul 2, 2012, 5:24 PM
Find more forums on Air GunsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement