<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

34 T01 Trigger Adjustment?

December 4 2008 at 5:46 AM

REARSPROCKET  (Login REARSPROCKET)
from IP address 75.24.76.153

Hey everyone I have an older 34 Sport that has the T01 trigger but the screws are smaller and have smaller heads than the 54 T01 trigger? Does anyone know what the adjustment procedure is for this trigger? The factory manual just says not to touch the front screw and the rear one adjusts trigger pressure? I have a long first stage now that I would like to shorten. Thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login NJphil)

Re: 34 T01 Trigger Adjustment?

December 4 2008, 2:18 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login Troutwhisperer3)

i hope never

December 4 2008, 2:21 PM 

to have to deal with a T01 trigger.

Respond to this message   

REARSPROCKET
(Login REARSPROCKET)

T01

December 4 2008, 2:51 PM 

Is that second post by JeffM correct?

Respond to this message   

(Login jmars)

He, He, YES!.....

December 4 2008, 3:10 PM 

I have adjusted dozens of TO1 triggers. (well, close to a couple of dozen anyway) happy.gif

Jeff

Respond to this message   
Fred PRoNJ
(Login cyclealleyrider)

This is all you need to understand this trigger!

March 28 2010, 3:06 PM 

Just what I was looking for. Ultimately, I screwed stage one screw (one closest to muzzle) home, and backed out stage 2 screw until I was satisfied with the pull. Keep your hand on the barrel or if you have a RWS46 or 48/52, on the lever and pull the trigger - DON'T LET the barrel or lever swing free or you'll damage your rifle and perhaps yourself.

Respond to this message   

(Login spysir)

we used that first link ,

December 4 2008, 3:03 PM 

http://www.eddiecolwell.tzo.com/RWS-54.htm on a RWS48/52 recently with nice results, a light 1/16" first stage and somewhere around 1-1/2lb second stage (that I would'nt call crisp but it do-able). Give it a try you can always still back the screw out for a long first stage.

John

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login jmars)

Hi John......

December 4 2008, 4:52 PM 

I have modified a few trigger blades so that the first screw could be screwed in further, but doing so reduces the amount of sear engagement.

My 36C is DANGEROUS with the front screw screwed in very little more than the stock maximum. It will bump off. (Most Diana's are not like this).

I don't feel right suggesting that others adjust their trigger to have less than full sear engagement (short first stage); I don't want to feel responsible for gun damage or shooter injury.

Most of the time the second stage will adjust completely out without any mod done to the trigger blade. If your second stage isn't crisp, you need to turn the rear screw counterclockwise until it is.

Jeff

Respond to this message   

REARSPROCKET
(Login REARSPROCKET)

T01

December 5 2008, 5:57 AM 

Jeff That sear engagement issue is what I was worried about. This is an old style T01 it has the narrower adjustment screws about 1/2 or less the size of the 54 screw head size. Have you seen this style? Also I would like to make this trigger the best it can be without the bump fire issue. What is the best way to shorten the long first stage,and have a crisp second?, turn in the 1st stage or front screw? Also without disasembling the rifle how can I check for proper sear engagement? I am not a novice with triggers just with this style. Thanks

Respond to this message   

Anonymous
(Login REARSPROCKET)

Old Style T01

December 5 2008, 10:01 AM 

Jeff just got done adjusting and found out this one doesn't need the trigger mod at all it has more than enough adjustment to over adjust the first stage without the screw head bottoming out on the trigger. I adjusted 1/2 turn in on both and ended up alot better but the second stage needed 1/4 more in to remove some creep in it. The first stage screw is very senitive and if adjusted slightly more it goes to almost no take up and unpredictable let off. So now the trigger is much better with a shorter 1st stage and a crisp second. I banged on the rifle with the safety off to check sear engagement and no let off I will check safety on and pull trigger then release safety and see if it lets off on release of safety tonight. Seems good to go! Thanks for your help and if there is some other easy way to check the sear for enough safe engagement let me know? Thanks again

Respond to this message   

REARSPROCKET
(Login REARSPROCKET)

T01

December 5 2008, 10:13 AM 

Also Jeff adjusting the second stage screw out lengthens the first stage and increases creep on the second? This is how it worked out of me.

Respond to this message   

REARSPROCKET
(Login REARSPROCKET)

T01

December 5 2008, 2:11 PM 

Trigger Device

The models Models 24-26-28-34-36-38-45 are equipped with an adjustable set trigger as standard. Both the first pull and the trigger pull are already factory adjusted.

The screw 1 (Picture C) should not be touched. It is used only for factory adjustment.

The trigger pull can be adjusted with screw 2 through the hole in the trigger guard 3.

Turn the screw clockwise for a crisper pull.

Turn counterclockwise for a softer pull.

Turning the adjustment screw 2 too far to the left will cause the second stage to be eliminated, resulting in the shooter not being able to feel the firing point.

Respond to this message   
RedFeather
(no login)

Not really a set trigger

March 28 2010, 3:15 PM 

I think you meant a trigger set by the factory, not a set trigger. A true set trigger has a spring loaded internal lever which is cocked or "set" by pulling an individual trigger or pushing forward the single trigger. This lever is activated when pulling the second or single trigger, swinging up to hit the sear.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - 34 T01 Trigger Adjustment?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Air GunsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement