Youngest

by (Login juneygracie)

Youngest was 9, other than a dog that was re-homed at 5 who had a panic attack within hours of being at his new home and died. The most tragic was Darwin for us, I really hate going to Motherlode because it always reminds me of him. We lost Darwin 3 years ago from either a spider bite or insect sting incurred on the way to Motherlode. He had by far the prettiest head I've ever bred. Collected quite a few points out of the 6-9 puppy class, and won a Specialty major at BCNC under English breeder judges. He died with 10 points. Now whenever one of our dogs hits 10 points, I panic until they are past that marker. Thank goodness Truffles took back to back points to get to 12 or I would be a nervous wreck waiting for Vallejo to roll around.
I don't think breeding dogs has anything to do with life expectancy, or are you asking if they died from health reasons if we passed the disease on?? wink.gif
Zena our Bullmastiff urinated pus the first day she was alive...guess that should have been an indicator something was wrong other than a bladder infection. Her kidneys shut down on her at 18 mo old and was had her euthanized so she would not suffer. Being in the field I am, I cannot let an animal suffer. I would rather euthanize early than watch them slowly fall apart. Maybe I add too much human emotion but when loss of bowel or bladder function sets in with decrepity I would rather they leave me with dignity. That is nothing personal top you Jaime...to each his own.

Posted on Feb 24, 2009, 7:49 AM
from IP address 76.126.125.41

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement