Unbelievable.....

by (no login)

Fred, You're my hero.. I feel the same and have been raising bulldogs in the whelping box for almost 20 years now. I will remove the mom during the first few days of the crazies after a c-section but that's very temporary so I can get a nap or waiting for a relief observer.
Pups are on bedding with a heating bad below. When mom's not in there, I'll use a large laundry basket turned upside down to confine them to the local of the heating pad but always allowing space for them to scoot off if they're warm. After a few days (10 days) mom is usually with them on her own with little supervision excpt for me doing house cleaning with clean dry bedding.

I've also free whelped litters if the mom's in great shape and all goes well. Just did one Dec 23rd who had four pups. Year and a half earlier, she free whelped seven pups. Those make the greatest moms....

AS for c-sections, I recently discovered four breeders who lost moms and many pups if not all of them during such a procedure...

Cheers to you Fred.

Posted on Jan 10, 2012, 11:39 AM
from IP address 99.188.210.175

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement