Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Unfortunately not a unique experience
    • Robin (no login)
      Posted Aug 29, 2010 10:50 AM

The comment about the ER Vet only seeking $$$ and not showing concern for the welfare of a pet is all too correct! And it seems to be the prevailing attitude at every ER Clinic I've been unlucky enough to be at.
      Years ago when I had need of an after-hours C-section the Vet on duty at the local ER Clinic in Dayton, Ohio told me my bitch should 'have the pups herself' and he refused to do a C-section. Maybe he wasn't knowledgeable enough to feel comfortable doing it? More likely though, he was uninformed about Bulldogs requiring a C-section, or on the 'Bulldogs shouldn't be bred' bandwagon.
      Long story short - The 1 pup she had was delivered dead 6 hours later at an ER Clinic in Indianapolis and she was so stressed by the ordeal she developed a heart murmur. I had her spayed several months later after she recovered from the surgery and was stable.
      All because my regular Vet screwed up and refused to take responsibility for his error.
      BTW - he is no longer a Vet I use and he knows why too.
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement