PNG Students studying at Australian universities. TAFE institutions and colleges.

Formerly called the KSI BOARD

Return to Aust Uni Board  

The Idea is to educate you and I!

August 2 2002 at 1:20 PM
No score for this post
W.Welli.....................grasrut politiks. 

Response to Re: Re: the only way to find out is to attend.

Wantok

your question is a very good one because it highlights what most of us(even me)failed to understand initially with regards to what KSI was set about to achieve.It is quite true that the KSI has been hosting conventions for a long time now.But we must understand that KSI does not have the direct and immediate solutions to the problems we have in the country.

KSI is largely made up of students studying abroad and the purpose it was set up (A.S. can correct me if I am wrong) was to encourage dialogue within members so that they are kept informed and educated of what is happening within the country.It also seeks to facilitate discussions with organisations both the political and corporate sectors again,so that members are kept informed.The KSI is a small NGO organisation set up with no political affiliation and a rather small yearly budget which I believe is incapable of solving our current problems within the country if that is you were reffering to.

I believe conventions are hosted because KSI believes it is imperative that as the future cream of the nation we are first of all made aware of the changes happening within the country,why these changes are occuring and where we are heading with the implementation of these changes.In short KSI believes that members will in future be part of governing administration within the country and seeks to give members an educated overview of probable solutions to our past,present and future problems.

You may be critisising the KSI because you have some thing better to offer.It will be a good idea to put forward whatever thoughts you have for deliberations on this forum.Em tasol na regards.

Wesley.Welli

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses