tv repair

TV repair forum - Open   
See our courses below

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to main  

Old TV - Sanyo: Vertical Hold Problem

August 2 2003 at 11:34 AM
No score for this post
Amber  (no login)

I'm a working college student and have no money to buy a new TV. The one I have is a very old Sanyo (model #D525030, chassis #25030-00). When you first turn it on, it's fine, but after about half an hour the picture begins to scroll rapidly until it scrolls itself right into a small line in the middle of the screen.

I was told it was a vertical hold problem and opened up the back (after leaving it unplugged for 2 days) to see if maybe I could fix it easily, but neither my dad nor I could figure anything out. We adjusted every knob we could to see what it did; we ended up making the picture very dark and turning people red, but we could do nothing to fix the inevitable thin-red-line syndrome.

Does anyone know how I could adjust the vertical hold on my own so that I don't have to spend book money repairing my TV?

Thank you.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
C Azzara
(no login)

Sanyo problem

No score for this post
August 3 2003, 7:29 AM 

I just fixed my 25" Sanyo which had a very simlar bug. Picture would collapse into a thin line across the middle of screen. Slide out the logic board so you can see the underside; looking at the lower right with magnifying glass I found cracked/open solder connection on IC chip. Its a thin line of about 12 solder points and I believe the IC chip is on a silver heat sink on the top side of board. Very hard to see unless magnified with plenty of light. Good luck.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to main  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement