tv repair

TV repair forum - Open   
See our courses below

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to main  

SONY 27" Trinitron - No picture on KV 27v26, blinking standby timer

October 16 2005 at 8:50 AM
Score 5.0 (1 person)
  (Login xmlguy)

NO PICTURE - went out - only blinking standby timer!

There is audible sound (mostly noise), but no reception on my Trinitron, but no picture,

When I hit the TV/Video button it goes quite.

Help please.

Any resources or where to start would be great.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Millennium Electric
(Login FREDDYG_001)

Re: SONY 27" Trinitron - No picture on KV 27v26, blinking standby timer

No score for this post
October 16 2005, 10:53 AM 

How many times does the timer light flash?

(no login)

35" Sony Trinitron - no picture either

No score for this post
October 20 2005, 11:18 PM 

Hi..

I just ran into this problem today. Turned on the TV and the picture worked.. all of a sudden, the picture warped and then disappeared (with some dim light on the sides). I turned it off and ON again but now am not getting any picture. The sound is ok. Remote control functions work (can change channels, input, etc). But no picture. The standby LED blinks continuously nonstop (about 1 per second). Please help!! Thanks

(Login FREDDYG_001)

Re: 35" Sony Trinitron - no picture either

No score for this post
October 21 2005, 10:14 PM 

Continuous Blink Once A Second: No reply from the jungle IC301 (data bus is busy, shorted to ground or held high), IK video path is defective.

Sony IK Circuit Explained

By Dan Mundy, CET/CSM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have posted this as a troubleshooting aid for the IK circuit. I don't have the manual in front of me so this may be a little generic.

The IK circuit sends out a 100% white pulse during the vertical blanking interval. There is a pulse for red then green and lastly blue. Each pulse is on a different scan line. The IK circuit then matrixes them together, amplifies the 3 pulses and send it back to the jungle IC.

Using a scope with delayed sweep or set at the vertical rate and expended 10X you should be able to see the 3 pulses at the IK output from the CRT board and note that the amplitude will grow or shrink depending on the screen setting.

If one color is missing then you have an amp circuit problem for that color. If none of the pulses are there and they go in from the jungle IC then look for a bad IK amp transistor. If the pulses are there but do not very with changing screen voltage the feedback to the jungle IC or the IC itself is bad. Some times the jungle IC has small Mylar caps off of it and if there they have been known to short. Sometimes the caps are built into the jungle IC and can still short.

Many times the IK circuit just goes out of tolerance meaning the current drawn by one crt is no longer with in acceptable range and the picture is blanked. If this is the case then increasing the screen voltage will solve, for a short while, the complaint.

Daniel Mundy, CET®/CSM
HiFi Buys a Tweeters Etc. Company
Atlanta, GA 30331

Victor Monachelli
(no login)

Sony KV-27V26 Intermit Pic problem common any recalls?

No score for this post
January 24 2006, 6:50 PM 

Sony KV-27V26 Intermit Pic problem common any recalls for this set? I am having the same problem with mine. The symptoms are turn it on pic shrinks and then goes away. This only happens with cover on rear of set on. When I take it off it works fine. Seems that someone at the plant didn't do a great job of soldering this particular set the KV-27V26. After tapping things around in there I located a loose solder joint. So no need to pull out scope and meters a couple of the old Arthur Fonzerelli wacks and she's good to go. All kidding aside they should have a RECALL on this dam set.

(Login FREDDYG_001)

Re: 35" Sony Trinitron - no picture either

No score for this post
October 21 2005, 10:19 PM 

Continuous Blink Once A Second: No reply from the jungle IC301 (data bus is busy, shorted to ground or held high), IK video path is defective.

Sony IK Circuit Explained

By Dan Mundy, CET/CSM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have posted this as a troubleshooting aid for the IK circuit. I don't have the manual in front of me so this may be a little generic.

The IK circuit sends out a 100% white pulse during the vertical blanking interval. There is a pulse for red then green and lastly blue. Each pulse is on a different scan line. The IK circuit then matrixes them together, amplifies the 3 pulses and send it back to the jungle IC.

Using a scope with delayed sweep or set at the vertical rate and expended 10X you should be able to see the 3 pulses at the IK output from the CRT board and note that the amplitude will grow or shrink depending on the screen setting.

If one color is missing then you have an amp circuit problem for that color. If none of the pulses are there and they go in from the jungle IC then look for a bad IK amp transistor. If the pulses are there but do not very with changing screen voltage the feedback to the jungle IC or the IC itself is bad. Some times the jungle IC has small Mylar caps off of it and if there they have been known to short. Sometimes the caps are built into the jungle IC and can still short.

Many times the IK circuit just goes out of tolerance meaning the current drawn by one crt is no longer with in acceptable range and the picture is blanked. If this is the case then increasing the screen voltage will solve, for a short while, the complaint.

Daniel Mundy, CET®/CSM
HiFi Buys a Tweeters Etc. Company
Atlanta, GA 30331

(no login)

Sony TV's

No score for this post
November 23 2005, 5:32 PM 

First ressolder Vertical IC tda8172...check Horizontal Transistor Out 4129 or 5148 ....any modells have diferent Power Supplyes on of Transistor no blinking on the Ic Mx...yes beggins on Vrtical Circuit

(Login alainsomeimagem)
Conselheiro

Re: Sony TV's

No score for this post
December 2 2005, 12:06 PM 

ik solution take 3 resitors 1k solder on yk pin and other side in r g b on de picture board now the tv is god
alain from brasilia brasil

Hect7369
(no login)

Re: SONY 27" Trinitron - No picture on KV 27v26, blinking standby timer

No score for this post
December 7 2005, 12:06 AM 

This problem could be (in most cases):
-Vertical circuit failure
-intermittent horiz oscillator
-Weak picture,if set is several years of use.

Current Topic - SONY 27" Trinitron - No picture on KV 27v26, blinking standby timer
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to main  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement