tv repair

TV repair forum - Open   
See our courses below

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to main  

Philips Rear-projection HDTV Monitor HD problems

November 7 2007 at 6:47 PM
No score for this post
Linda  (Login Lindaprad)

We have a Philips Rear-projection Television Model # 60PP9202/17F. We also have Direct TV HD DVR that was hooked up almost 3 months ago. Up until this evening we had it hooked up to the high definition connections in the back, what Philips calls the AV-4. When turned on this evening, Direct TV would not play. All we got was a distorted, rolling screen and no sound. After trying everything to troubleshoot Direct TV, I finally switched from the HD INPUT-AV-4(1080i) connections on the TV to the CVI (YPbPr component) that is compatible with 480i signals. Finally got a signal and sound, but not the 1080i HD picture. This made me believe that there is a problem with the AV-4 connections. My question is does this make sense and would it be possible to repair this myself? If so, where would I locate the parts? Not through Philips, I just checked.
Thanks for any help anyone can give me, Linda

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to main  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement