TV repair forum - Open   
See our courses below

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to main  

Proper Degauss 36" Sony Wega Trinitron XBR

May 13 2008 at 10:29 PM
Score 2.0 (1 person)
mike Myser  (Login mmyser)

Hello,
My TV was accidently magnetized - exhibiting green in lower left and right sides. I just purchased a 13" degaussing coil - unknown power. I am trying to learn how to properly degauss the TV with the coil. I've searched the web for information, instructions and demonstration videos. Everything that I have tracked down so far is unspecific and lacks enough detail. Does anyone know of any good, detailed instructions or good video demonstrations for degaussing a Sony TV (specific to their TV as I understand it has a different mask that requires great care)? I am fearful that I may damage the set rather than fix it. Again, any helpful sites, descriptions or video examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
frank
(Login ivtech)

Re: Proper Degauss 36" Sony Wega Trinitron XBR

No score for this post
May 14 2008, 2:04 PM 

the only degaussing coil i know,one just plugs it in a ac power outlet and manualy pass it on the face of the screen,and other way is to use a sound speaker magnet and pass it on the screen the same way.other way is to leave the set unpluged over night and try to plug it next day.also you should check if the degauss circuit is working.

rrobor
(Login rrobor)

No score for this post
May 15 2008, 3:00 AM 

Unplug the thing for a couple of hours then restart a couple of times, if that doesnt fix it you have a fault. Amateurs should not muck around with Degauss wands there is no need. The usual reason a degauss wand is needed is to degauss the area the TV sits in not the TV itself. Professionals degauss a TV for speed, or to impress the customer, there is no other reason.

mike Myser
(Login mmyser)

No score for this post
May 15 2008, 6:37 AM 

Thanks for responding to my problem. I have unplugged the TV several times and it doesn't solve my problem. I am pretty sure that I moved a speaker near my TV and this caused the problem I am having. Are you saying that my problem can't be solved by using a degaussing coil? Or are you saying that a homeowner shouldn't attempt to use a degaussing coil? Thanks. Mike

frank
(Login ivtech)

Score 1.0 (1 person)
May 16 2008, 1:57 PM 

I can't beleive that you bought a Degauss coil tool that you don't know how to use,what about the instructions manual?like i sugested in my post get hold of a speaker that is hanging loose around,i'm talking about one of those speakers not the box but the speaker that is inside the box,and do the way i sugested.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to main  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement