i have a @6 year old sony trinitron wega. we had it in the living room. the @14 year old rca in the bedroom conked out. we bought a new LG for the living room and moved the sony into the bedroom. now IT doesn't work. it comes on, but after warming for a few seconds, there is a loud popping and clicking sound along with static across the picture. could just moving it have caused this to happen? there is a room air conditioner next to it, but on it's own circuit. we are on an antenna. i have tried both converter boxes(since now we have an extra- the LG doesn't need one), changed all the wires, etc. same thing. i just put the little tiny magnovox next to it and hooked it all up, and it's fine. just seems like moving the sony from the living room to the bedroom caused it to malfunction power wise. i have it on a power strip that should trip if a power surge. any ideas?
Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.