tv repair

TV repair forum - Open   
See our courses below

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to main  

Sanyo DP46840 LCD Flatscreen Inop

March 3 2012 at 7:13 AM
No score for this post
Lenny Haney  (Login ljhaney587)

Sanyo 46", Model DP46840, Manufactured: July 2010.

This post provides information in hopes it may help someone else.

A friend of a friend brought this set to me. It would not power up. It would attempt to come on and the power relay would click and the green power-on LED would light, but after a few seconds, the set would shut down & the relay would click off. Research on the Internet came up empty. Lots of people had this same problem, but no one posted a fix.

My usual troubleshooting failed to find the cause of why the set was going into shut down mode. Was able to find a service manual online for $15 and the owner bought it for me.

I found a missing +13vdc power source in the audio amplifier section. There is a switching regulator there that takes in +24vdc and outputs +13vdc. This regulator (IC1670) and the audio amplifier (IC001) are tiny surface mount devices. I wasn't sure if the regulator was bad....or if the audio amplifier was bad and loading down the regulator. I had to cut the tiny printed circuit board copper trace to isolate the 2 circuits.

That determined that the regulator (IC1670 p/n QXXGA0500165P or LV5806MX-TLM-H) was bad since it had +24v input and 0v output. Well, I could not locate that IC chip anywhere...Nobody sells it.

I could buy a whole new Main circuit board (1LG4B10Y04600_B) for $150 to fix this $600 set, but I wanted to fix it cheap.

So...I substituted in a standard linear regulator from my junk box that I had on hand: LM7815 (+15vdc regulator). I mounted it onto a heatsink, then mounted that onto a plastic crossmember and wired it into the circuit. Yes....I had to isolate the old regulator by cutting some more traces.

Set works great, the regulator only gets warm. I ran it for 10 hours for a burn-in test at a fairly high volume level.

Note: Circuitry is also applicable to the 42" Sanyo, model DP42840.

Best!

Lenny

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Andy
(Login Restorer79)

Nice Repair

No score for this post
March 19 2012, 11:23 AM 

Hi Lenny: That's a nice workaround, with the cost of parts for a lot of sets nowadays it looks like were going to have to do this sort of thing more & more to complete repairs at an affordable price.

Andy

Dan_DBS
(Login Dan_DBS)

Sanyo IC1670 Fix

No score for this post
July 26 2012, 8:45 AM 

lenny, how did the LM7815 work out? Did you send it home? I have 6 of these in the shop and I am very interested in your workaround. Like to send them back to the customers. TIA for information. Dan@DBS

dreek
(Login dreek93sr20)

Sanyo dp42840

No score for this post
June 8 2014, 12:52 PM 

Wassup guys I have a Sanyo dp42840 and the picture is solarized for some reason. In the past I replaced a capacitor on the main board because I had no picture. Now about a year after that the picture is solarized/negative look. Any ideas or fixes? I don't see any capacitors blown. Maybe new tcon board/main board?

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to main  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement