tv repair shop software

Software for repair shop
Assist Control

Free trial

tv repair

TV repair forum - Open   
See our courses below

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to main  

Warming resistor is temp fix, what is perm fix?

June 2 2012 at 2:24 PM
No score for this post
OldFaithfull  (Login OldFaithfull)

I have a late 90’s model Sanyo DS25380 TV. When I turn it on I get snow and no audio.

I can get the TV to work well by using a hair dryer to warm up 2W 270 Ohm resistor in the power supply, R622. I replaced that resistor but that didn’t help, there is a problem in another component that warming the resitor R622 fixes, but I am not sure which component is the real problem. Before the R622 there is a 6W wire would cement resistor and on the other side there is a diode and then a 470uF cap. On visual inspection the capacitors look OK

Anybody have any ideas about which component is the real culprit?.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login nahcolrat)

Re: Warming resistor is temp fix, what is perm fix?

No score for this post
August 1 2012, 9:21 PM 

May be the tuner is not getting tuning voltage, back trace the print to locate the culprit, it could be a resistor or a capacitor or a Zener .

RJBROGER
(Login RJBROGER)

Re: Warming resistor is temp fix, what is perm fix?

No score for this post
September 6 2012, 8:13 PM 

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A BACD SOLDER CONNECTION ON YOUR BOARD TRY RESOLDERING THE BOARD UP IN THAT AREA.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Back to main  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement