Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • AENA discrimination against men in netball
    • Andy Dawson (Login Netballman)
      Posted Oct 25, 2002 1:32 PM

Hi all,

Never one to let up the pressure :-) I've just sent this to AENA - comments?

>I quote from your equal opportunity policy, as posted on this website:
      >
      >"Indirect discrimination occurs when a requirement or condition is applied which, whether intentional or not,
      > adversely affects a considerably larger proportion of people of one race, sex or marital status than another
      > and cannot be justified on grounds other than race, sex or marital status.
      >
      > The Association regards discrimination, as described above, as gross misconduct and any employee of the
      > Association, participant or volunteer who discriminates against any other person will be liable to appropriate
      > disciplinary action"
      >
      >Given the above, could you please explain to me why no AENA-affiliated league invites or accepts male players, and why AENA provides no tournaments or events for male players - nor has done for the past 10+ years, despite the repeated requests of a number of affiiated male players?
      >
      >Can you assure me that, again given the above policy, you will take disciplinary action against any county or league which refuses to provide facilities for competitive men's play?
      >
      >I have copied this message to several other places for information and comment, and will forward your responses there also.
      >
      >Very sincerely,
      >
      >Andy Dawson
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement