Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • AENA discrimination against men in netball
    • Andy Dawson (Login Netballman)
      Posted Oct 25, 2002 1:32 PM

Hi all,

Never one to let up the pressure :-) I've just sent this to AENA - comments?

>I quote from your equal opportunity policy, as posted on this website:
      >"Indirect discrimination occurs when a requirement or condition is applied which, whether intentional or not,
      > adversely affects a considerably larger proportion of people of one race, sex or marital status than another
      > and cannot be justified on grounds other than race, sex or marital status.
      > The Association regards discrimination, as described above, as gross misconduct and any employee of the
      > Association, participant or volunteer who discriminates against any other person will be liable to appropriate
      > disciplinary action"
      >Given the above, could you please explain to me why no AENA-affiliated league invites or accepts male players, and why AENA provides no tournaments or events for male players - nor has done for the past 10+ years, despite the repeated requests of a number of affiiated male players?
      >Can you assure me that, again given the above policy, you will take disciplinary action against any county or league which refuses to provide facilities for competitive men's play?
      >I have copied this message to several other places for information and comment, and will forward your responses there also.
      >Very sincerely,
      >Andy Dawson
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login

Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement