<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

what do you think?

August 8 2002 at 12:34 PM
Score 4.0 (1 person)
disappointed  (no login)

it seems like the new aena site is just the same in one respect - it's not being updated! the latest news is "england enters team village" - for goodness sake the games are finished! where are the reports on what we did? where's the chat room? what's going on?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Gordon
(no login)

Whats (Not) Going On

Score 2.0 (1 person)
August 8 2002, 12:49 PM 

I don't know. But what I do know is that whenever you implement a new system people always underestimate the amount of work (and time) needed to maintain them.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
NOELINE
(no login)

CHAMPIONSHIP

Score 2.0 (1 person)
August 15 2002, 3:16 PM 

THE WEBSITE IS JUST LIKE THE PLAYERS DULL. THEY THOUGHT THAT THEY COULD BEAT JAMAICA AND GET A BRONZE MEDAL TWICE.....WRONG. jAMAICA TOOK A RELATIVELY YOUNG TEAM AND DID THE BUSINESS. WATCH OUT FOR THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2003

Gordon
(no login)

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP

Score 3.0 (1 person)
August 15 2002, 6:55 PM 

Noline - Any idea how Jamaica proved such tough opponents? Where do they get their match practice for example?

Andy Dawson
(no login)

You sweetie

Score 4.0 (1 person)
August 19 2002, 5:28 PM 

Gordon, you're just SO NICE and understanding...

I think they shouldn't have mounted it till they sorted out the content, worked out how they were going to maintain it, and tested it!

It might be excuseable once, but twice...

I think Evil Queen's quick temper is rubbing off on me :-)

Andy

DaisyDay
(no login)

Championships

Score 3.0 (1 person)
August 25 2002, 2:30 PM 

From what I could see we had the wrong shooter on the court.Rumour was reported in press that Tracey Neville was not started due to the tactic of giving Miss Astle more room to move around the circle.Sorry but I saw very little movement and the feeders did not know whether she wanted the ball or not.Although Jamacia were an entertaining team England should never have lost had the right personell been on the court.IE Jo Steed or even Tracey shooting.Thunder proved that with average height shooters who move you can win things.
Who is going to be in charge of the national squad now the champs are over?

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: what do you think?

Score 1.0 (1 person)
September 7 2002, 4:19 PM 

Alex
(no login)

Eveyone find this site!

Score 4.0 (1 person)
September 7 2002, 4:24 PM 

Well done for setting this up, AENA did not like the chat room facility as they are not good at listening to advice or constructive criticism. Manchester was terrible, I can't believe that our selection policy is working, there must be better players out there- time for some old favourites to go now I think.

Frustrated
(no login)

Re: Eveyone find this site!

Score 5.0 (1 person)
September 13 2002, 9:52 AM 

It's not surprising that AENA's site isn't working really, is it? They didn't like the comments that were on there...so censorship seems like the easiest option.

Gordon, you're very supportive to point out the amount of work involved - of course there's lots. But when you have a genuine opportunity to capitalise on public interest which has been generated by a real live international event in your sport, taking place on your doorstep, even a five year old can see that it's vital to keep the lines of communication open. So many people will have been excited by the Commonwealth Games - how many of them have failed to make any headway with the ludicrously out of date website we now have? Wonder how many have gone off to play soccer, hockey and the like? We only have the Association to blame...again. It is SOOOO frustrating!

Gordon
(no login)

Supporting the Party Line

Score 3.0 (1 person)
September 13 2002, 5:12 PM 

(with egg on face)

Yes - I'm soooo embarrassed. Will start to use this more and stop worrying about the AENA site

Gordon

Andy Dawson
(Login Netballman)

Sad but true

Score 4.0 (1 person)
September 16 2002, 3:22 PM 

Frustrated, I think your point about the Commonwealth Games and the wasted opportunity is spot on. And if Gordon is giving up too... Good grief could we have come to a turning point?

I suppose this would be too easy a point to mention that the MNA (Mixed Netball Association) is going to be up and running next year, trying to do something a *little* better in that area?

Yes, shameless promtion, I know :-)

Frustrated
(no login)

Re: Sad but true

Score 4.0 (1 person)
September 19 2002, 11:01 AM 

With such a dearth of publicity from other quarters, you should only be encouraged, Andy! Where will we be able to find the MNA? And how do we go about joining?

Andy Dawson
(Login Netballman)

MNA Info...

Score 5.0 (1 person)
September 24 2002, 1:26 PM 

Oooh Frustrated, thank you so much for your interest!

I'm currently in the process of setting up a website for the MNA - the domain name www.mixednetball.org is registered and should have something active soonish, don't worry we'll advertise it around!

We are still deciding how we're going to run things, but membership will be very cheap as (at least initially) we won't be providing much beyond some standard rules, a national structure of leagues and tournaments, and a focal point for communications.

We're also always looking for keen types to help out, so if you're interested... contact me by email and I'm sure we can find something for you to do...!

Meanwhile our first league will be running in London from the end of October (in Hillingdon) and we're well on the way to affiliating leagues for next year in E London and Manchester, with several other possibilities. The aim is to get regional leagues going around the country, and a central schedule of events so that we don't get loads of clashes.

And anyone else who's interested, please get in touch!

Andy

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement