<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

England attitude

September 19 2002 at 3:35 PM
Score 3.0 (1 person)
FluffyPlayer  (Login FluffyPlayer)

Doesn't it say a lot about the lack of commitment and DRIVE among the English elite when Lyn Gunson is quoted as saying she's "QUITE excited about (my) appointment" as the new England coach?

Shouldn't she be thrilled, VERY excited, keen, full of new ideas etc etc etc?

I don't know Lyn personally, and can only hope that this low-key approach to such a pivotal role in our national team's set up is due to her natural reserve and not, as I suspect might be the case, that she's not that enthralled by the prospect of the job in hand.

Interesting selections for the National squad though - AT LAST Karen Greig gets her chance - go girl!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login daisyday)

Congratulations

Score 3.0 (1 person)
September 25 2002, 11:17 AM 

Well done Miss Greig have seen you play on many occassions and this inclusion is fully deserved.Hope you get the opportunity to show your talents in a full international.Perhaps at last we will see two fast mobile shooters,brave new world. Also well done to Jade!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Lauren
(no login)

England player

No score for this post
October 18 2002, 3:39 PM 

h

me
(no login)

england players

No score for this post
October 18 2002, 3:40 PM 

the AENA website have missed out a few players on the national squad list, I thought Natalie seaton and Chioma ezeogu were in the team as well?

Rona
(no login)

Re: England attitude

No score for this post
October 24 2002, 11:33 PM 

Unfortunately, for all the big talk and puff in the magazine, the national squad pages haven't been updated since before the Millennium (or so it feels). Wouldn't hold out hope that the situation will change either?! Yes, Chioma and co ARE in the national squad - the ones shown at the moment are the Commonwealth Games team....you'll notice that Jo Steed's on there, and she retired at the end of the Games. Not very encouraging, is it?!

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement