<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

All England Netball Association chat page is open!

October 4 2002 at 9:10 PM
No score for this post
Elaine  (Login Laini)

I notice that the AENA chat page is now up and running at the AENA website, with topic areas and no posts...yet!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Julie
(no login)

AENA Chat Page

No score for this post
October 5 2002, 9:05 PM 

...and its P A N T S

(well what more could you expect)

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Andy Dawson
(Login Netballman)

Well well well

No score for this post
October 7 2002, 1:55 PM 

Mmm have to agree with Julie that it could be better... Don't think much of the groupings, and as for the content... Gordon excepted of course :-) And I see they instigated user registration - only a couple of years after I suggested it :-)))

Still at least SportFocus have sorted one or two of the glitches with the operation of the rest of the site.

Nevertheless I think we should persist with this forum and take them on head to head!

Andy

Gordon
(no login)

Re: All England Netball Association chat page is open!

Score 5.0 (1 person)
October 7 2002, 2:07 PM 

But although their logon asks for an e-mail address yopu can type anyoldname@serviceprovider and you get in so there's no real security - I wonder how long it takes someone to work it out and then spoil it by posting something profane?

Andy Dawson
(Login Netballman)

*£@%$# right!

No score for this post
October 7 2002, 2:39 PM 

Nice point Gordon - haven't tested it myself, but should we see any naughty postings from Angry of Sussex we'll know who you are... :-)

Rona
(no login)

No score for this post
October 8 2002, 3:37 PM 

And guess what? It's not working today....hardly surprising, I know...but after all that puff in the magazine about how fantastic it was going to be, it's a bit disappointing that two days the server's down.

Alex
(no login)

Score 5.0 (1 person)
October 15 2002, 10:28 AM 

Let's stick to this site, the censorship of the All England site is a disgrace, and yes it is happening - I have had messages removed, not because they had bad language but because they did not toe the party line, how AENA can get away with this is beyond me!

Andy Dawson
(Login Netballman)

Good grief!

No score for this post
October 15 2002, 2:09 PM 

Alex - I am saddened, but not amazed...

Perhaps you should repost your original postings to AENA here? I'm sure we're now all DYING to know what you said!

Andy

DeeplyDisturbed
(no login)

Get a life!

No score for this post
October 16 2002, 6:02 PM 

What a load of.....!

Can't believe you guys have nothing better to do than slag off AENA, they're just a governing body, and they don't spend their lives updating a website.

Perhaps if they had more money they could pay someone to do a proper job on it!

This message has been edited by schedule4 on Oct 16, 2002 9:49 PM

SJM
(no login)

To Deeply Disturbed

No score for this post
October 17 2002, 10:24 AM 

So, tell me Deeply Disturbed if YOU HAVE SUCH A LIFE THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THIS CHAT AREA WRITING ABUSIVE COMMENTS??

If people want to have frank and open discussion on this site in their spare time then why shouldn't they?

Andy Dawson
(Login Netballman)

But then again...

Score 5.0 (1 person)
October 17 2002, 3:32 PM 

Deeply Disturbed, I only wish we DID have something better to say about AENA! Surely, as they're supposed to be our governing body, they OUGHT to be updating their website! If they did their job properly we WOULDN'T be here slagging them off...

Look (for instance) how on this site your expletives have been sensitively edited out, but your posting is still there and it's made clear to us both that it's been edited, and how... Why can't AENA do the same, instead of just making messages "disappear"?

And as for paying someone - where exactly do you think the £15 that some 60,000 of us mugs give them each year SHOULD go? Biscuits?

Steve Goodfellow
(no login)

AENA & Setting of Penalties

No score for this post
October 18 2002, 1:28 PM 

On the front page of the AENA site are "additional" guidelines for the setting of penalties/discipline.
Much the same as Chelmsford League but if they've put them on the website there must be problems with the interpretation.

Gordon
(no login)

Setting Penalties

No score for this post
October 18 2002, 3:06 PM 

Unfortunately, as already discussed, some people/committees get carried away and seek to impose penalties out of all proportion to the offence.

Rona
(no login)

Score 5.0 (1 person)
October 24 2002, 11:37 PM 

Deeply Disturbed, are you suggesting that all those paper pushers in the AENA office are there for the love of it? What are we paying our affiliations for?! The national squad pages haven't been updated since the Commonwealth Games - months ago - and there have been trials since then. If you were an athlete selected into the elite squad at those trials, wouldn't you be a bit fed-up if your national governing body didn't even recognise your success - I would.

All we are trying to get to is a website that actually reflects the professional attitude of the majority of the Association's members - and if you can't put a comment on their website because it gets taken away (for being detrimental), then I think it's about time we all stood up and were counted.

Andy Dawson
(Login Netballman)

Well said...

No score for this post
October 25 2002, 11:30 AM 

Rona, you have hit the nail on the head. I entirely agree.

(ps who are you, oh loginless one of great insight and fortitude?)

Rona
(no login)

No score for this post
October 27 2002, 11:34 AM 

Andy, you are too kind!!! I'm just a player who is fed up with having the p""s taken out of me for playing netball, and then finding that our "esteemed" governing body is doing nothing but reinforce the impression that we're all a load of little girls and bored women with nothing better to do.

Andy Dawson
(Login Netballman)

No score for this post
October 29 2002, 1:33 PM 

Rona,

No, not being kind at all - just buttering up a like mind in case I can persuade you to join my mixed squad - you have the right attitude!

Email me off list if you're interested... :-)

Andy

Rona
(no login)

No score for this post
October 29 2002, 1:58 PM 

Done!

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement