<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Male/Female or Mixed Netball

February 8 2003 at 9:59 AM
No score for this post
Steve Goodfellow  (no login)

No this is not an attack on the athletic looking players!
The Times 8th Feb carries an article concerning the fact that the Court of Human Rights decision re Transexuals.
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport. “One can be declared a different sex after two years, even if you haven’t had the operation,” a spokesman said.

So there's the answer train the best male netballers, trial them and the female netballers select a squad and ask the men to declare themselves transexuals.
Hoes that for a National Plan to take Netball foreward?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kirsten
(no login)

Re: Male/Female or Mixed Netball

Score 5.0 (1 person)
February 8 2003, 8:51 PM 

Hmmm, original! (I saw you posted this on the AENA site-surprised it's still there!).
But! Given that a highly skilled, disciplined and fit team of women will probably have the edge over men it probably wouldn't work in the long run!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Steve Goodfellow
(no login)

No score for this post
February 11 2003, 12:12 PM 

That becuase they don't worl at w/es and probably regard site censership as 9-5 job.
As to weather women would beat men as a non player I won't even comment.

Andy Dawson
(Login Netballman)

Conspiracy theory

No score for this post
February 11 2003, 1:00 PM 

Ok how about this idea - this is an agenda actually promoted by AENA and IFNA to destabise the growth of the Mixed Netball lobby by making sexuality immaterial?!

PS Is this retrospective? People have been saying for years that I play like an old woman, so I reckon that qualifies me to play for any ladies team I like now? :-)

clyde samuel
(no login)

mixed netball series

No score for this post
January 20 2006, 4:47 PM 

Hi my name is clyde samuel from Trinidad and Tobago, our sports club El Ba San wishes to visit England this year 2006 for a goodwill series, and wishes to make contact with a club who we can make plan with. Any club and contact me at the above emai address. thank you and hope to hear from u soon.

Penelope Blake
(no login)

No score for this post
September 30 2006, 9:33 PM 

So you are saying that 9 men have to change their names by deed poll (About £70), visit a phychiatrist every 3 months (£90) a visit, buy a whole new wardrobe (Save a lot of money in the sales), 10 lots of laser hair removal treatment (About £75), loss of family and friends, price of hormones (works out about £2 a day average) and live and work as a woman for 2 years just for a netball game? Plus you have normal society. Most people will say "Yeah, no problem, they can play" then as they start to win people will start to lodge complaints and they will find themselves forced to give up the sport just to keep the peace.

O, but there is an upside. They will be entitled to a 5% discount on their car insurance for being women!!!!

Do I need to go further?

Many Thanks

Penny Blake

penny@blake-family.me.uk

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement