<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

How much?

February 21 2003 at 11:48 AM
No score for this post
Kirsten Lowery  (no login)

Just wondering how much counties are charged for Alex Barless and Intercounties and is it the same/more/less than last year? I'm asking because it seems AENA is on a cost cutting excercise- last year for Intercounties umpires stayed at the Middlesborough Thistle (very nice it was too!)- this year we're at the Travel Inn! Or is it because counties pay less for their juniors?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Gordon
(no login)

Re: How much?

No score for this post
February 22 2003, 4:08 PM 

Kirsten - I don't know the answer to your specific question but I do know that AENA has turned in a loss in each of the past two years therefore cost-cutting is very much the order of the day at the moment

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Kirsten
(no login)

Re: How much?

No score for this post
February 22 2003, 6:17 PM 

Thanks Gordon- I wasn't sure about AENA's financial situation but it makes sense. They used to kick in a certain amount for the umpires' expenses but they're trying to keep costs down to what the teams/counties pay. A bit of bad luck for umpires in the North as the majority of national finals are in the south this year. Looks like I won't be going to Intercounties this year!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement