<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Countries???

March 8 2003 at 8:57 AM
No score for this post
Bambi on ice  (no login)

Could anyone please tell me why in Netball we have 'strange' countries? i.e South Durham and Clevelnad and North Durham. Why not have actual geographicl countries Durham and Cleveland as seperates? thanks

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Gordon
(no login)

Re: Countries???

No score for this post
March 9 2003, 8:31 AM 

You have the 'odd' Counties since they tend to reflect where netball is actually played.

Although the is no such County as Sussex - its East Sussex and West Sussex - most netball is played in Brighton (East Sussex until it became a city with its own status), Crawley and Worthing (West Sussex). From a netball perspective it was seen as logical to have one Association cover both. Over the border (so to speak) in Hampshire there are strong pockets of netball in Farnborough and Aldershot, in Portsmouth, Gosport and Waterlooville and also in the Southampton area. Thus Hampsire has 3 county Associations reflecting these very different and diverse netballing areas.

There is no Association for London which is mainly split between Middlesex and Essex Metropolitan with Surrey and Kent featuring in SE and SW London.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Anti Bullying
(no login)

No score for this post
March 12 2003, 9:34 AM 

Am I right in thinking that all LEA’s, School’s and AENA now have a “Duty of Care” programme in place ? Yet this past week I have heard a remarkable story where it is alleged, that a certain PE teacher and County coach is using what I can only describe as “undue influence” on a young Netball player at her school in order that she remain with the teacher’s own County Netball Association ?

AENA has rules to govern most eventualities and County representation is one area covered in these rules. I understand that some of our present England players have themselves recently invoked these rules and moved Counties ? So why this aggressive negativity from adults who should know better ? The child has done absolutely nothing wrong. She merely show’s an interest in playing netball for another County.

Perhaps a letter remaining County Associations that these rules exist and that any “undue influence” on young children is unacceptable and against the rules.

Gordon
(no login)

No score for this post
March 13 2003, 10:22 AM 

I think you're right - but it really needs one of those involved (possibly a parent if its a young person) to take the issue up with the Chief Executive.

(I'm certain she would want to know and from experience, would not hesitate in doing something along the lines you suggest)

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement