<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The Older Player

September 14 2003 at 2:41 AM
No score for this post
Kathy  (no login)

Hi. I came across this site while searching for some general info on netball in London. I'm new to this, but am very keen to get into netball as I used to be a good player (and love playing) until the age of about 18. I am now 32 years old and getting back into a fitness regime, and my question is, are these women's teams/over 18s teams posting on this site for youngsters of 19 yrs etc, or can females of all ages take part? I would love to attend some training and perhaps end up joining a team (providing my skills are still within me somewhere - it's been a long time!)

I'd be grateful for any advice/input. Thanks.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Gordon
(no login)

Re: The Older Player

No score for this post
September 15 2003, 3:31 PM 

Welcome back to netball!

Putting my coaching hat on for a moment I think you need to think about joining a multi-team club which has some structured training sessions. That way you can easily gauge you skill/fitness level against existing team members - and many teams playing at reasonably high levels have players aged 35+ years. If you contact Netball HQ (01462 442344) they should beable to give you a contact in your local area who should beable to answer the sort of questions you're asking.

Goood Luck

Gordon

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Andy Dawson
(Login Netballman)

And there's always mixed...

No score for this post
September 16 2003, 6:05 PM 

Kathy,

"Experienced" :-) players are always welcome at MNA, if you fancy trying mixed netball! We have social and competitive teams playing and do a lot of ad hoc teams for competitions. See www.ucl.ac.uk/~uczcw11/mna/allstars for info!

That goes for anyone else out there too :-)

Andy

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement