<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Joining a Team

October 23 2003 at 8:23 PM
No score for this post
Paul  (no login)

Hi

I stay in the Glasgow area, Im trying to find a team .

Im a Male, I know a lot if not all the teams in this area are Ladies teams.
Does anyone know if there are any teams that would allow males to play for them? , it wouldnt bother me playing in a ladies team, I like the game for keeping fit.
I know some people might say about what uniform it might be, with a Male joining it might be difficult,
The uniform wouldnt bother me,
I would wear a Skirt , as its only a bit of material round the waist.

Does anyone know any teams that I could join.

From
Paul.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Andy Dawson
(Login Netballman)

Men joining netball teams

No score for this post
October 24 2003, 12:19 PM 

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately there's not a lot of mixed netball (to my knowledge) in Glasgow, but you're not the first male to have asked about playing there...

I suggest you start approaching any clubs you know (you can get a list of some from Storm's Netball Club Directory) and asking them if you can join them. I'm sure you'll get a range of responses, for which you need to be prepared, but there is a growing awareness that netball *is* a game for both sexes, and some clubs are very positive towards the idea of encouraging men to get involved.

You can of course also contact Netball Scotland - David Scott (who runs their website) may be able to give you the names of one or two "sympathetic" contacts, as he's involved with bringing Scottish players into mixed teams quite a bit :-)

Best of luck, and do let me (and everyone!) know how you get on!

Andy

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement