<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Question about game time

August 28 2006 at 10:45 AM
No score for this post
Donna  (no login)

I'm probably posting this more to get it off my chest than anything else but would appreciate your comments.
My daughter's team played the grand final however my daughter was not given an opportunity to take the field.
They lost.
Throughout the year my daughter played GA and I think half a game as GS.
She was taken off after the first half in the semis and replaced with the WA/C.
On grand final day the coach put the WA/C in as GA and didn't play my daughter at all.
This is a junior team (under 15s) and not a particularly high grade.
I thought this was incredibly unfair.
I wrote to the coach after the game requesting an explanation.
In a nutshell, her reply said that my daughter was unable to break, couldn't take rebounds and was disruptive at training the entire season.
I replied that if she was that bad why did she stay in the same position all season and if her behaviour was that disruptive, why wasn't this addressed.
Am I wrong in being angry about this?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Netballer
(no login)

Response

No score for this post
August 30 2006, 2:13 PM 

Donna,
I feel you were perfectly right to do what you did and the coach was wrong. The coach should have as you said addressed the problems with your daughter early on, if indeed your daughter casued any of the these problems.
Secondly the coach should have informed your daughter of the consequences of not sticking to the training rules, behaving herself etc. and punished her if necessary early on. This would have let your daughter know of the serious consequences and repercussions.
Thirdly if your daughter did not behave so badly as not to be included in earlier games then she should have been played in the Final.
It's mean minded of the coach to behave the way she/he did. She not only deprived your daughter of an opportunity at a crucial time of the season but very probably the team too of winning.
If I were you I would find another team for your daughter.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement