Caps Web Forum

CWF

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Game 31 at Philadelphia Flyers (L 2-3 SO)

December 21 2016 at 6:42 PM

crowesnest  (Login reallycrowesnest)
Forum Moderator

8:00 coverage start...

Bura's back (courtesy of NHL.com)https://www.nhl.com/news/washington-cap ... -284938412 :

Capitals team scope

Washington Capitals forward Andre Burakovsky will return after being a healthy scratch the past three games. "It feels good to be back in," he said. "I'm just going to have a good game today and hopefully stay in." Burakovsky hasn't scored since he had two goals Oct. 13 against the Pittsburgh Penguins. He said his focus while he was out was working on his shot. "Just getting my shot off a little bit quicker, shoot more, put myself in position where I can score," he said. "I don't think my game was bad, it was just that I couldn't produce and that's what I've been working on and hopefully it will be back tonight." Coach Barry Trotz will play Burakovsky at right wing, rather than left wing. "I think that's where he's ultimately probably going to end up a little bit, so we'll have him do that for a bit," he said. Burakovsky said he hopes watching for three games has the same result as last season, when he felt he responded well after being scratched. "It helped me last year when I was not playing really well and I sat out for two games and came back and my game just turned around from being bad to being really good," he said. "And hopefully it's going to be the same thing this year."

Flyers team scope

The Philadelphia Flyers' games against the Capitals on Wednesday and the New Jersey Devils on Thursday are the first two of eight in a 15-game stretch until the All-Star break against Metropolitan Division opponents. They've played five of their first 34 games within the division. With the way the top teams in the Metropolitan have played, the Flyers are ready for a chance to gain ground in the standings. "They're four-point games," forward Wayne Simmonds said. "Our division, it's extremely tight this year. The way it is, if you can take two points from your division opponent it makes it all the merrier. We're looking to take these next two games against division rivals and go into the Christmas holiday on a nice little break here." That the first game in this stretch is also their first against the Capitals since losing to Washington in six games in the Eastern Conference First Round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, last season also raises the anticipation level. "It adds to the fuel to the fire I'm sure," forward Brayden Schenn said. "It's going to be a tough, physical game tonight."

Capitals projected lineup

Alex Ovechkin -- Evgeny Kuznetsov -- Justin Williams

Marcus Johansson -- Nicklas Backstrom -- T.J. Oshie

Jakub Vrana -- Lars Eller -- Andre Burakovsky

Daniel Winnik -- Jay Beagle -- Tom Wilson

Karl Alzner -- John Carlson

Dmitry Orlov -- Matt Niskanen

Brooks Orpik -- Nate Schmidt

Braden Holtby

Philipp Grubauer

Scratched: Taylor Chorney, Brett Connolly, Zachary Sanford

Injured: None

Flyers projected lineup

Michael Raffl -- Claude Giroux -- Jakub Voracek

Travis Konecny -- Brayden Schenn -- Wayne Simmonds

Chris VandeVelde -- Pierre-Edouard Bellemare -- Roman Lyubimov

Taylor Leier -- Nick Cousins -- Dale Weise

Ivan Provorov -- Andrew MacDonald

Brandon Manning -- Shayne Gostisbehere

Michael Del Zotto -- Radko Gudas

Steve Mason

Anthony Stolarz

Scratched: Boyd Gordon, Nick Schultz

Injured: Michal Neuvirth (lower body), Matt Read (upper body), Sean Couturier (lower body), Mark Streit (shoulder)

My own opinion, if the Caps split these two nights (TBL tomorrow at Verizon) we still don't know what team will show night to night... 0-1 points, we know they suck like we think they do... 3-4 points, meaningless regular season games...

let the imbibing begin.

Burakovsky and Eller the goals.

This message has been edited by reallycrowesnest on Dec 23, 2016 6:57 PM

Respond to this message   

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on NHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

The Peerless Prognosticator - Ovechkin Videos - 2008 Capitals Highlights

Code of Conduct - Edit your profile - Options - Upload your personal photo - E-mail me

Caps on Film - Washington Hockey - Caps' Corner - CRC - Pirates Board (archive)