Re: Game 74 at Minnesota Wild

March 28 2017, 10:47 PM 

OSHIE!!!!!

4 assists for Johansson!!!!

5-4 Caps, final!!!!!

Marc
(Login marc_mehdi)
Forum Moderator

Re: Game 74 at Minnesota Wild (W 5-4 OT)

March 29 2017, 3:39 PM 

I've missed a great game, hehe. 4 assists for Johansson, indeed, 3 assists for Backstrom.

3 goals for Ovechkin, 2 for Oshie. Last season, Oshie scored 26 and Ovechkin 50. That was already awesome for Oshie, 5 more than his career best. Now he's competing with Ovechkin for first in the team, LOL. It's a good thing, since Ovie is slowing down (that was expected at some point, but he's still exceptional). Last season, the top line had 96 goals. They're at 87 for now, with 8 games left, so no real loss of offense. The second line has 60 goals, already one more than last season.

Holtby reached "40 victories for the third consecutive season. Martin Brodeur (2005-08, New Jersey) and Evgeni Nabokov (2007-10, San Jose) are the only other goalies in NHL history to accomplish that feat."

A lot of good points, except that the Caps were "outscored 4-1 and outshot 24-13 during 5-on-5 play". I guess the fourth goal by Minnesota was scored with the extra attacker, though.

Marc
(Login marc_mehdi)
Forum Moderator

March 29 2017, 3:44 PM 

Your link for the high stick is broken. I'll watch a summary, anyway.

Marc
(Login marc_mehdi)
Forum Moderator

March 29 2017, 6:40 PM 

I've watched the summary, and here is the high stick:
https://www.nhl.com/video/parise-exits-early/t-283441222/c-50898603

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on NHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

The Peerless Prognosticator - Ovechkin Videos - 2008 Capitals Highlights

Code of Conduct - Edit your profile - Options - Upload your personal photo - E-mail me

Caps on Film - Washington Hockey - Caps' Corner - CRC - Pirates Board (archive)