Caps Web Forum

CWF

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Marc
(Login marc_mehdi)
Forum Moderator

Re: Game 3 at Tampa Bay Lightning (L 3-4 OT)

October 10 2017, 5:44 AM 

Kucherov tied the game in the third, on a 1-on-1 with Chorney.

In overtime, beautiful shot by Kucherov, deflected in front by Point. Grubauer had no chance. He was also screened by Carlson.

I think Holtby would have stopped Killorn's shot on the first goal, though. Grubauer is clearly #2 (Holtby is #1 in the league, anyway).

On the goal by Kunitz, Chorney left Kuznetsov alone in front of the net battling with Kunitz. Ness was also away, but he was busy with a guy. Chorney followed him for no reason at all. He was totally useless on that play, and Kuznetsov did not know how to prevent Kunitz from redirecting a shot.

I think when Wilson is back, they will possibly send Vrana down and bring Bowey back. Not very nice for Vrana, who is doing well (-2 in this game, though, like Ovechkin and Kuznetsov), but he is waiver exempt and the Caps have less than $30,000 of cap space. There is no other solution, anyway. Placing Chiasson, Walker, Graovac or Smith-Pelly on waivers would not free enough space to recall Bowey (not to mention that it would be completely dumb).

Djoos is in the roster, but they are supposed to fix his deficiencies at practice before they let him play, I guess. Maybe Ness-Carlson and Orpik-Djoos would work, though.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on NHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

The Peerless Prognosticator - Ovechkin Videos - 2008 Capitals Highlights

Code of Conduct - Edit your profile - Options - Upload your personal photo - E-mail me

Caps on Film - Washington Hockey - Caps' Corner - CRC - Pirates Board (archive)