Caps Web Forum

CWF

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Game 10 at Vancouver Canucks (L 2-6)

October 26 2017 at 5:52 PM

crowesnest  (Login reallycrowesnest)
Forum Moderator

Probably too late a start for me, but we shall see if I can hit the sack early enough tonight...

Time: 10:00 p.m.

TV: NBC Sports Washington

Radio: 106.7 The Fan, Capitals Radio 24/7

https://www.nhl.com/capitals/news/caps-clash-with-canucks/c-292279412

I have also heard that Backstrom is out tonight, or at best is a game time decision. No idea why.

Let's go, Caps!

This message has been edited by reallycrowesnest on Oct 27, 2017 2:05 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

crowesnest
(Login reallycrowesnest)
Forum Moderator

Re: Game 10 at Vancouver Canucks

October 26 2017, 5:54 PM 

crowesnest
(Login reallycrowesnest)
Forum Moderator

Re: Game 10 at Vancouver Canucks

October 26 2017, 6:21 PM 

crowesnest
(Login reallycrowesnest)
Forum Moderator

Re: Game 10 at Vancouver Canucks (L 2-6)

October 27 2017, 2:22 AM 

Total beatdown-

5-0, including 2 PPGs against, before they even thought of getting on the board.

A 3rd PPG sandwiched by 2 useless Caps' goals.

Wilson 19:00 in penalties... Backstrom did not play... lost Connolly to injury...

outshot 15-4 in the 1st, 24-12 total after 2.

Marc
(Login marc_mehdi)
Forum Moderator

October 27 2017, 4:11 AM 

I was planning to watch the game from 7 AM (midnight your time), "except if they are trailing 5-0". I checked the score at that time, it was 5-1 Canucks, and soon after 6-1. I followed the end of the game from stats.

Holtby was pulled after 35 minutes exactly, when he gave up the 5th goal in 22 shots. Kuznetsov scored his first goal of the season 17 seconds later. After serving Wilson's double minor penalty, Stephenson scored his first NHL goal with 2:08 left in the game. Caps outscored the Canucks 2-1 and outshot them 18-8 with Grubauer in net.

Oddly enough, the Caps' best d-men were -1 (Carlson, Orlov, Orpik), the kids were even (Bowey, Djoos) and Chorney was +1. But of course, the vets played more minutes (27:07 for Carlson).

Marc
(Login marc_mehdi)
Forum Moderator

October 27 2017, 4:22 AM 

Marc
(Login marc_mehdi)
Forum Moderator

October 27 2017, 4:47 AM 

The first 3 goals are not Holtby's fault. The defense let him down. On the 4th one, he doesn't see the puck below him. On the 5th one, a wraparound, Dorsett managed to send the puck in about 0.1 second before Holtby closed the door. No luck, there.

The Caps didn't play hard enough in these 35 minutes, for sure.

Kuznetsov sends the puck in through a crowd, on the rebound of a very good shot by Ovechkin.

Horvat steals a puck from Bowey's feet to pass it to Baertschi for an easy goal.

Stephenson shoots from behind the goal line, aiming at the skates of Nilsson. Good one. Too bad he was not able to celebrate it properly.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on NHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

The Peerless Prognosticator - Ovechkin Videos - 2008 Capitals Highlights

Code of Conduct - Edit your profile - Options - Upload your personal photo - E-mail me

Caps on Film - Washington Hockey - Caps' Corner - CRC - Pirates Board (archive)