Caps Web Forum

CWF

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Game 49 at Florida Panthers (W 4-2)

January 25 2018 at 12:52 PM

crowesnest  (Login reallycrowesnest)
Forum Moderator

They can't play any worse than the last 3 games... or can they? And after tonight, a 6 day break...

Mike Vogel's preview:

http://dumpnchase.monumentalsportsnetwork.com/2018/01/24/caps-clash-with-panthers-in-florida

Posting this part early as it's a little late start, and I've already been up since 1:00 AM- just couldn't sleep, lots of things going on in life right now... might just be around for the start, might not be at all.

We shall see.

This message has been edited by reallycrowesnest on Jan 26, 2018 2:36 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Marc
(Login marc_mehdi)
Forum Moderator

Re: Game 49 at Florida Panthers

January 25 2018, 7:21 PM 

Hi, Roger. I'm making a comeback to this forum after a long break. In Turkey (I was there for three months), I followed the hockey news on ESPN mostly (I read the recap and checked the stats after every game). Network54 and many other sites are blocked, there, so it was too hard to get to this forum. I gave up using proxies after a week or two. I came back to France on 9 January, but I was first too tired to do more than in Turkey. I may watch a few games, now, or at least first periods.

Marc
(Login marc_mehdi)
Forum Moderator

January 25 2018, 7:28 PM 

I'll have to see about the migration of Network54 forums to Tapatalk, also. Oops, I had until 23 January to decide if I wanted the forums to be moved into one group or multiple groups.

I see the pics are gone. There will probably be a way to fix that. I'll see that later.

Marc
(Login marc_mehdi)
Forum Moderator

January 25 2018, 7:46 PM 

Just read a little about the migration. Now I'll check the video streams:

http://www.rjh217.win/p/nhl-match.html?id=2017020752&date=2018-01-25

Marc
(Login marc_mehdi)
Forum Moderator

January 25 2018, 7:55 PM 

Game is on, but no stream on that site, it seems. Just switched to my old source of streams, now watching. Caps killing a penalty. Second PP for the Panthers already. Still 0-0.

Killed, and Beagle even had a short-handed chance.

Marc
(Login marc_mehdi)
Forum Moderator

January 25 2018, 7:58 PM 

It was Orpik and Eller for the first penalties, now Bowey to the box for slashing.

Three penalties in 8:35 of play. It doesn't help scoring goals.

This message has been edited by marc_mehdi on Jan 25, 2018 7:59 PM

Marc
(Login marc_mehdi)
Forum Moderator

January 25 2018, 8:03 PM 

Killed, and Bowey was close to get a breakaway because the Caps cleared as the penalty ended and the Panthers were not paying attention to Bowey. They managed to prevent Bowey from using the puck, though.

And they score! Malgin.

I believe the puck hit the leg of a Cap right after the shot, not sure.

1-0 Panthers.

Marc
(Login marc_mehdi)
Forum Moderator

January 25 2018, 8:07 PM 

Great shift by the top line. Niskanen had a great opportunity on a pass by Ovechkin but he shot wide.

Marc
(Login marc_mehdi)
Forum Moderator

January 25 2018, 8:15 PM 

Chiasson draws a penalty. Caps to the PP.

Great job by the top unit, many combinations tried, although Ovechkin's usual one-timer was the best chance so far. Kuznetsov also tried a great move (going alone to the net).

And they score!!! Backstrom! From Kuznetsov and Ovechkin. Great goal. Backstrom's 10th of the season.

1-1.

This message has been edited by marc_mehdi on Jan 25, 2018 8:17 PM

Marc
(Login marc_mehdi)
Forum Moderator

January 25 2018, 8:24 PM 

Panthers steal a puck in the last seconds, get a semi-breakaway, but Orpik blocks the pass at the last moment. It was a huge chance for them.

End of the first period. 1-1.

Shots: 10-10. Not bad considering the Panthers got three power plays and the Caps only one. Caps played well after killing the third penalty, except for that turnover in the last seconds of the period.

I stop watching now. It was fun.

Let's go, Caps!

crowesnest
(Login reallycrowesnest)
Forum Moderator

January 26 2018, 2:35 AM 

Guess I didn't miss much-

"I thought we played pretty well tonight," says Caps defenseman John Carlson, the game's first star. "A few too many turnovers in the first, and then maybe with 10-12 minutes left in the third, I think we could have gotten it deep a little bit better and grind it out when we're up. But other than that, good work ethic and when you draw that many penalties (six), it's for a reason, usually."

Start slow, a little effort, sit on their ass with a lead, don't go for the throat...

Caps' hockey in as nutshell.

Nice to "see" you, Marc!

Yes, "Old Faithful" has finally given out, I think. Lots of good streams to be found in the game day threads at at

https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLStreams/

though. :D

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Find more forums on NHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

The Peerless Prognosticator - Return to Index