<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to board  

Wosera-Gawi: Most Stupid People in PNG

May 7 2007 at 12:56 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous 

http://www.thenational.com.pg/050707/nation3.htm

Wosera villagers ‘repent’

By YEHIURA HRIEHWAZI
PRIME Minister Sir Michael Somare was given a special treat last Saturday, when his nomination fee was paid by Wosera-Gawi people in Ugutakua village – an area where he collected no votes during the 2002 general election.
His formal nomination in a village could become a legal issue as the PNG Electoral Commission Act provides for nomination of Regional candidates to be accepted in each provincial capital.
However, Sir Michael told the Ugutakua villagers that the provincial electoral officer was given special clearance by the Electoral Commissioner Andrew Trawen to accept Sir Michael’s nomination in a village setting.
The Wosera people refused to vote for Sir Michael during the 2002 general election as they had all marshalled their support behind PNG’s vanilla king Allan Bird. As a result, the area was completed neglected by the current Somare regime.
Roads and bridges into area were completely destroyed through wear and tear and there was no maintenance. Sections of the road into Wosera and Ugutakua areas are impassable. Even the formidable Toyota Land Cruisers have great difficulty negotiating the terrain.
The Prime Minister and his son and Angoram MP Arthur were flown in by helicopter to what was a reconciliation ceremony, where the various speakers apologised to Sir Michael and through various songs and dances, appealed to him to accept their apologies and restore services in the area.
Sir Michael also witnessed the nomination of his Wosera-Gawi candidate Sam Akike for National Alliance.
Maprik MP and Works Minister Gabriel Kapris was the first to nominate in PNG and thousands of people gathered in Maprik last Friday afternoon and supported him as he nominated at the Maprik district office.
Opposition leader Peter O’Neill also went to Maprik to support his candidates for the East Sepik Open electorate.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Where in PNG is Wosera-Gawi?

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 1:15 PM 

Where is Wosera-Gawi in PNG? M.Somare represents the people of East Sepik in Parliament, if Wosera-Gawi is in ESP, how could he have done that by someone in the calibre of the so called 'chief'. This is a childish and jealousy type of leadership, challenges come about to improve on performance and redirect focus. He failed to undestand that there can't be two winners in one election, he won to represent the whole ESP. So all he wants is Landslide victory and be a 'Dictator' and do nothing.

I also wonder how much he has done in the other areas that voted for him in the last election.

Yupela ol Sepik yet wantaim Chief.

Outsider

Anonymous

Re: Wosera-Gawi: Most Stupid People in PNG

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 1:18 PM 

This actions are one of the many childish reaction of so called idiotic lunatic Mike Somare

Allan Bird's Full Supporter

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 1:20 PM 

Yeh Michael Somare won and did nothing to most of the electorates. If Allan Bird had won in 2002 the whole of ESP would be 5 years developed and improved. Moving with the times. Since the old faggort was elected, off course ESP has not developed but rather lost good precious time of 5 years.

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 1:28 PM 

A very very irresponsible leader. How did this "thing" get the name chief???? The appropriate name should be Thief.

Mi sore long ol pipol bilong Wosera long Papua New Guinea. For what the Thief had done to the good people of Wosera, it has done itself disservice and therefore shall be the subject of Natural Justice. THIEF BAI MAS GO!

Stap wantaim yupela ol Wosera.

Narapela outsider

Mangi Wasa-Ra

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 2:10 PM 

Firstly, the people of Wosera are not stupid. We are very brave and we were the first and only Sepiks who wanted a change of leadership.

Allan is a man of his words. If he had won the election, he would have served not only our needs but those of the entire province, including the Angorams who rejected him. A very far cry from Somare who made us suffer for 5 years.

I think Allan also realised that if he contested again, Somare would win and make his people suffer for another 5 years again. In the last election, Allan got almost no support from Wewak, Yangoru/Saussia and certainly zero support from Angoram. In this regard I salute you Allan Bird for putting your people first and not contesting. You have proven that you are a very unselfish person and we Wosera's are proud to count you as one of our Gaindu's. Live long and prosper, larim Sepik long han bilong Somare.

We know now that if you contest, the rest of the Sepiks are such cowards they will not vote for you and we will suffer again.

We are the Kunai, we never die and we do not live on government handouts unlike the rest of Sepik.

Anonymous

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 2:21 PM 

Mangi Wasa-Ra:

The more we keep on giving self-pitty statements the more our country, people and electorates deteriorate into abject poverty.

I suppose the onus is on us the educated ones now to make it an obligation for our future generations to educate our people so that they vote for a corruption free leader and government that will bring meaningful development and not giving hefty payouts to a single individual.

I have never seen the worst of corruption in PNG until Somare's reign.

Sorry in my clan and village we don't have chiefs or bigman so I am not obliged to call any leader chief.

Anonymous

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 2:23 PM 

Ai-yo ol gutpela Sepik. The Sepiks seems to run this Country now, but its local people are not seeing the Development. Michael Somare too yah, man giamanim yupela, na yupela to longlong stret. See, Morobe has Developed and Madang is going too, and man, Sepik is nowhere near...yupela ilaik istap wankain olsem Tumbuna o nogat. I think you people need to substitude the Somare's with leaders who can bring changes............wantok long Hailans.

Mangi Wasa-Ra

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 2:29 PM 

Somare is not our Chief, he is the Chief of he Sepiks.

What you all do not get is that, the Wosera's alone cannot change one single thing. All of Sepik must do this.

Unfortunately, we are the only ones who want a change. Since we can't get it, we have to think of our children. While your kids attended school, ours could not, we could not sell our cocoa or coffee because Somare stopped all funds to our district for our roads and bridges.

What would the rest of PNG have us do? Do you all want to see us go against Somare again and suffer for another 5 years?

We need services too. This is how Somare runs the province and we cannot do a thing about it. Be reasonable friends.

nonsense talker

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 2:46 PM 

Oh. You seem to suggest that the rest of PNG who supported Somare got bridges and roads and only those who didn't support him got cut off.

Do you really think that?

Anyone who sells out like that would sell their souls to the devil for not much more.

Are you one of those soul sellers?

Mangi Wasa-Ra

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 3:02 PM 

Dear Nonsense,

You still do not get it do you?

We got nothing for 5 years, nothing. No medicines, no road maintenance, no education, nothing. It was like a blockade was applied around Wosera.

The Gawis got a district treasury, so did the Mapriks, the Drekikias, the Angorams and everybody else. All over East Sepik their roads were maintained, their hospitals were stocked, their children went to school.

What little we had in terms of roads that existed 10-15 years ago was simply left to spoil under the weather. Today, our people walk along the roads for 12-15 hours carrying cash crops, store goods and coffins with dead bodies on their backs.

Imagine the road contractor given the contract to maintain the road is actually told to fix the roads on either side of Wosera but not the part that passes through Wosera! When our people try to cause trouble PPC Kabilo is out there in an instant telling us that this is the result of voting against Somare! Everytime there is trouble between a Wosera and somebody else, the Police will immediately brutalise the Wosera person regardless of whether that person is right or wrong. Until and unless you have been subjected to something like this for 5 years then open your mouth. Otherwise, it's best you just shut up.

No, you do not understand, this is like living under Hitler in Nazi Germany. It is nothing like what you think.

Hailans man

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 3:41 PM 

Mangi Wasa-ra, I feel sorry for you. Its a pity that kind of technique was prevalent and the innocent people suffer much for this. People of PNG, could we do something to get rid of Somare Dynasty! The country suffers much from short-sighted leaders like him and for some sepiks have no choice but to bow down to such scum-bags. I beg that its not Sepiks, alone, but let us fight the Somare Dynasty and get them off...before that old brain puts us further into the debt.

I feel for them people of Wosare -Gawi. Sorry they had no choice.

...........mangi Hailands..........

Anonymous

Trautim buai

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 2:22 PM 

This truly makes me sick.

No wonder our leaders get more corrupt. The more corrupt, the more celebrated they are.

RHC

Wosera ol longlong lain stret

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 2:49 PM 

Mangi Wasara,

MAN what you mention about your electorate not getting services is SUCH A SAD STORY. That is a crime against humanity for you not to send your kids to school, for your road and bridge not to be mantained and all these all because you did not vote for him last election. Mi sori tru long harim olsem.

Pasin em Lapun SOMARE wokim em soim tru husat em SOMARE tru tru na tu Y yupla olgeta long sepik mas bung wantaim long rausim displa kain leadership. Moa long em pls em Prime Minister yah.

Karrrrrrrrr yupla ol sepik tu yah.

RHC

Anonymous

Re: Trautim buai

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 2:54 PM 

Somare has become your god and makes you bow down to him. He seems like a dictator so that if you dont cast your votes for him, bad luck you will suffer the conseqences. Instead of serving the whole population, he decides to honor only those faithful ones. VERY SELF CONCIETED AND FULL OF GREED HE IS.

The Smartest of the Sepiks

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 4:44 PM 

I dispute the title of this thread. The title should be "Wosera-Gawi: The most smartest people". If they can stand up against the tyrant, then they have the intelligence and the power to reason.

The situation on the ground as expressed by Mangi Wasara is a sad one and goes to show how some of our so-called leaders go to that extent of depriving the citizens access to the much needed services.

Mi painim hat long understand na truly sympathise for those affected. Sore long lewa bilong mi stap wantaim yupela.....but yupela mas sawe olsem....yupela ol fit lain nating tru because yu have the guts to show your dissatisfaction through the polls.

Michael Somare in PNG = Robert Mugabe in Africa.

Anonymous

Smartest to more Stupid: Wosera Gawi

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 5:11 PM 

Once they were the smartest to endorse AB but now the status quo doesn't warrant at all any rationale thinking to retain Somare. From the smartest to the most stupid. Somare knows all along that he needs to steal their vote as they didn't give him any votes in the last election. He is conning them just for their votes like he has done for decades in Sepik.

Na ol Wosera-Gawi ting taim Somare go long parliament bai ol kisim services. Mi sore long ol na ol pipol blong Sepik.

Sori tumas.

Anonymous

Re: Smartest to more Stupid: Wosera Gawi

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 5:26 PM 

allan bird was already 'bought off' by somare. he never standing again, go check his bank account?

Allan Bird's Full Time Supporter

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 10:46 PM 

Sorry idiot, no money is enough to pay off Allan Bird. His principles are far greater than so called Grand Thief. Allan Bird is half the age of Michael Somare yet Allan Bird is ten times smarter than the old faggort.

We all know Somare has been paying those who are power less in ESP and they voted him in. All mere lies and cheaters of the day.

Call someone else's name instead of making baseless rumours. Get your facts right.

Go klinim ass pekpek blo yu bihain kam na opim maus lo hia. Otherwise your mouth is speaking like there is still pekpek stuck in your ass.

Allan Bird

No score for this post
May 8 2007, 10:57 AM 

Sorry to disappoint you Anonymous, but I have never been paid any money by anybody to do anything. Sapos yu gat ol friends long BSP, sekim account bilong mi. I think I have about K80 odd kina in it. For the record, it is impossible to bribe me. I have handled millions of dollars in my life that money means little to me.

There are several things you need to understand about my decision not to contest, it is not my beloved Wosera people or my Abelam speaking people in general that I have a problem with. The issue is that the rest of ESP will not support me. What should I do then? Keep contesting year after year? What do I prove then? I will become just like everyone else.

I am not interested in fame and I am certianly not interested in political power. Further, I promised Moses Murray and Greg Maisen that I would step out and give them a free run in 2007. There are too many people in the province who have leadership potential that I think some of us need to humble ourselves and make way for others to try their hand. We can't all be butting heads, I certainly do not want to fight with anyone for the right to serve the Sepik people and indeed PNG for that matter.

I have not forgotten my people. I hope that sometime in the next few years I will make enough money; go back home and help them develop something. If I do contest another election it will be in Wosera sometime in the next 10-15 years because I am only 35 years old. Inorder to do that I need to set myself right with all my relatives. Gallus Yumbui + around 10 others who contested the seat in 2002 are my blood relatives. This time around, half the canditates are my relatives. The two strongest candidates this year, William Bakamu is my grand uncle and Ronald Asik is my cousin. So you see the issues I am faced with.

I think the people of Wosera have the right to decide how the immediate needs of their children are met. My feeling is that, their needs far, far outweigh any political desire or ambition I may have. When a school aged child cannot attend school for reasons of politics for 5 years, that is unforgivable. I certainly cannot justify any ambitions I may have and gamble that against the education or health of a single Wosera child. That would be highly selfish of me and even criminal to an extent. TO this day, less than 20 Wosera's have been to university (including my sister and I).

I have no influence over how things work in the East Sepik and I refuse to mobilise my people to take up violence to improve the situation. Because that is the only other choice left to us. If I contest now and lose my people will resort to violence and nothing I say or do will dissuade them. After the last election, my people were involved in quite a few fights which I had to resolve. These fights relate to the irregularities that persisted during the elections. I strongly opposed my own people on this. Even today, my people say "Allan save wokim mipela kamap olsem meri man".

I believe it is better to take the road of peace than that of violence.

I will contest in the future but not in ESP Regional, I am only interested now in serving my own people, I have no desire to serve all Sepiks. To do that, I need to make enough money so that I can go back home and do all the things that need doing in Wosera. This will take time and patience, Rome was not built in a day.

Love me or hate me on this point but my mind is set. My heart broke when I saw my people swallow their pride and support Somare. I cried because I have never seen my people so humbled. I am now determined more than ever to see the children of Wosera excel and succeed better than other Sepiks and if possible, better than other PNGans. This is a goal that will take decades to achieve and that is where my energies are now focused. I hope to start doing something for my people from 2008.

Apaso

No score for this post
May 8 2007, 11:28 AM 

Allan Bird,

yu trupela lidaman na toktok bilong yu ikam long man husait ipulap long wisdom.

Stap wanbel wantaim yu from apo country.

Mangi H/lands

No score for this post
May 8 2007, 11:49 AM 

Hi Allan Bird

You are living with hope, love and pride for your people. Greedy leaders forsake the monority but a true leader is a leader of Moses' nature, respond immediately to their cries.

I felt emortional as I've read your note, and hope that one day your time will come and your people will never be the same. Downim yu yet na respectim ol yangpela pikinini bilong bihain, ol nidim servis.

Laikim yu planti...

Anonymous

No score for this post
May 8 2007, 9:20 PM 

Your people were not "humbled" as you said. What they did was "prostitute themselves". They became prostitutes to the grandest thief png has ever known. In doing so your people went from the highest of the high to the lowest of the low.

nuff

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 7:26 PM 

When we as a people are reduced to apologising and grovelling to a leader who is not carrying out his duties and who relies on blackmail and vindictiveness, we will have lost our identity and our pride as a people and as individuals. When the hand that has fed you for so long decides to ignore your hunger and needs and just give you crumbs, I suppose it is that easy to grovel and start apologising for getting that hand angry. That hand will set you straight because you can't think for yourselves. You have effectively become mindless automatons. The sad and dangerous thing is that when this hand can get away with anything within his own house, his own people, what is the rest of the country to him? Absolutely nothing! Because his own have allowed him to treat them like mindless nothings.

hailansdodo

Blackmail

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 7:45 PM 

I'm with you Nuff. It's appalling and sad that the Wosera-Gawi people are yielding to this type of blackmail.

It is also admirable that this group of Sepiks have in the past voted for Somare's opponents.

We teach people how to treat us. If you allow someone to walk all over you just once they will do it again and again.

A sign of how desperate things have become.

Sepik bilong Uk

No score for this post
May 7 2007, 8:08 PM 

Ol Lain,

Mi sore long ol wantok, family, na ol pipol bilong Wasera-Gawi. Mi save wanem samthing Mangi Wass-Ra i toktok long en.

Somare's leader is globally rated very low and completely ruling a cult government. Since he not being fair to every citizen of his province, the same treatment is given to every regions of this nation.

Every Sepiks must fight for freedom of vote and and service, not to vote in fear or favour. Deelepment of East Sepiks depends on your hands, people. Either you progress or remain with oldies while Madang, Lae and others develop.

Anonymous

No score for this post
May 8 2007, 11:49 AM 

Allan at one stage in 2002 Elections I thought you were putting on good fight against Somare. What's the story now? Have the people lost faith in you? Much said about how you feel however don't you think your choice to quit trying this time around would have reduced them to nothing? You were their only hope at one stage. What have you done that have made them withdrawn their support? Do you have other reasons besides which would have forced you out of the game? At least you would have considered the Open seat.

roots

No score for this post
May 8 2007, 1:44 PM 

Well if the Wosera Gwai people nominated Somare - then obviously, they are the 'areshole' of PNG! Alas - how can our pepol be so shortsighted! Lustingting - Somare is senile - dont they know that! ino long taim em bai salim PNG go lon RH if Wignti doesnt sell us to some other country or MNC first.

TSKTSK!

MMM

No score for this post
May 8 2007, 2:29 PM 

Sad. Well, it is now clear that the Wosera Gawi people are betting on the wrong horse.

Prime Ministership em ino blo Tumbuna blo Somare.

2007 will return someone else from another party to become the Prime Minister - NOT National Asian RH Party

2kina komuniti

No score for this post
May 9 2007, 2:44 PM 

The fact is that if even Somare wins again, if he doesn't keep his prime ministership (a likely possibility), the very very foolish Wosera Gawi people are going to find themselves with another 5 years of no services.

Let's see who has the last laugh here. The lesson of this story is-If you're going to switch sides back and forth like a pamuk, at least you need good timing.

Allan Bird

No score for this post
May 8 2007, 2:34 PM 

Anonymous, I have explained that already. I made a promise which I need to keep. If I do not keep my promise to Moses Murray and Greg Maisen, well then I am a lyer like everybody else. Mipela ol Sepik igat planti saveman tumas, if I do not humble myself and step out, who will? All the others will not, so I have the will to do it and that is exactly what I will do. I am simply unwilling to fight or argue with anyone over a silly political job.

So I'd rather take the lead and not contest then to become silly like everyone else and get back in there and contest again and again. I guess this is the expectation from everyone isn't it? Once you contest one election you get caught in the never ending cycle of contesting again and again. How about Sir Hugo contesting Wewak Open? There's a case in point. My good friend John Wagambie tried Wewak Open and lost, he has given up politics all together and is in Milne Bay somewhere. I admire that in a man. I too am of the same cloth I fear. Those that know me will understand why I do this. I was never one to that which everyone else does, I have always prided myself in being different.

I tried it once and realised politics is not for me. Funnily enough, I think I was the only person in PNG that was actually joyful at losing the election than winning it in 2002. I was sad for my people but happy for myself. It's hard to explain.

With the Open seat well, I really do not want to contest against my cousins, uncles and grand uncles for it. I'd rather we all agree at some point in the future and they all let me go on my own. Wishful thinking I am sure but that is my feeling on the matter. I really do not feel up to fighting over political posts, I feel it reduces your self esteem and your personal value. It certainly reduced mine. Perhaps I'm just an odd human being, I don't know. The great thing is that after this election, everyone will forget that I ever existed and that will be that. I probably won't have to contest another election again and that would suit me just fine.

Anonymous

No score for this post
May 8 2007, 6:33 PM 

Brata Allan, displa saying ya "opportunity comes once in a life time". Ol Sepik ino kisim yu long 2002 em hevi blong ol nau.

Follow your wishes and lead your own life. Noken harim ol stupid toktok blong ol narapla man.

Yu igat planti admirer tumas na wanpla role model blong mi.

Allan Bird: True Son of PNG

No score for this post
May 9 2007, 10:11 AM 

Aiyo, Allan Bird, mi kaikai lewa blo yu stret. Yu wampla right man na true son of Wosera, ESP na Papua New Guinea. You are only the same age as me but yu speak like a wise man. Unfortunately, only a few Papua New Guineans, your age can think and talk like that.

The whole of PNG knows yu almost got Somare worried back in 2002 and even though Somare got the seat back then, everyone knows your time will come later and we are all waiting patiently for that time to come. So take it easy brother and continuing to do what is best for your people.

I can honestly tell you that Papua New Guinea is in desperate need of people like you. Put your head up high and be proud that PNG is with you all the way. Until you're ready to contest again, we will wait for you patiently. Peace brother.

Wantok Meri

Mangi Wasa-Ra

Re: Allan Bird: True Son of PNG

No score for this post
May 9 2007, 1:41 PM 

Nienge, mi wanbel tru long toktok bilong yu.

Mi wanbel tu long toktok bilong nima nian Allan Bird.

FYI I got a call from my relatives in the village that Somare told the people of Wosera at Ugutakwa during his nomination that, and I quote "Mi stopim sevis long yupela ol Wosera bikos yupela mekim na mi dai pinis tasol ol kirapim mi bek long hausik. Nau yupela votim mi bek, mi bai restorim sevis ikam long yupela. Em rong bilong yupela yet na mi givim bikpela pen long yupela."

I was really angered by this statement from the so-called PM of PNG. I encourage you Allan to contest Wosera/Gawi in 2012. Stuff the rest of East Sepik. Mipela yet, your own people who love you and admire you, we will put you up there. This is now our assignment to work on our people for the next five years.

East Sepik does not need you, but we do, I am really excited that you have decided to direct your focus to us, your own gai's. Yu bai win nating tru! I cannot wait for 2012. I too am related to some of the current candidates so I will be speaking to them about standing down to make way for you in 2012.

Em tasol, nogat mo toktok.

generationX

Somare's word's unfathomable!!!

No score for this post
May 9 2007, 2:31 PM 

"Mi stopim sevis long yupela ol Wosera bikos yupela mekim na mi dai pinis tasol ol kirapim mi bek long hausik. Nau yupela votim mi bek, mi bai restorim sevis ikam long yupela. Em rong bilong yupela yet na mi givim bikpela pen long yupela - Michael Somare (May 2007)."

Ofis na moni blong displa ol pipol ya. Stupid colonial radio announcer. Don't know the role of a leader. It is the people you serve and not people serving you. He definitely needs a bullet in his thick skull.

I swear to God that when Somare dies hopefully soon (next 3 yrs or so) I will be celebrating and partying. Blari Hitler Nazi blong PNG!

Wiseman

Re: Somare's word's unfathomable!!!

No score for this post
May 9 2007, 2:55 PM 

Lapun Somare's attitude to political leadership can be summarised in a single line:

An inward looking and immature old boy (not man) who is forever in the school of leadership but learns nothing after all.

No wonder his child kept of flunking at Unitech and spent almost 8-10 years there.

No wonder he put all the important state enterprises under his son's State Enterprises Ministeries.

Kick this old dog out this election. It would be nice for Sepik and he rest of PNG too.

Anonymous

No score for this post
May 9 2007, 3:04 PM 

Anonymous

No score for this post
May 10 2007, 9:25 PM 

You say all this but I'll bet almost anything that you'll be one of those who are crying your heart out the day the Grand dictator dies.

Anonymous

Re: Allan Bird: True Son of PNG

No score for this post
May 9 2007, 6:22 PM 

Well from today's National news report on page 3, it would appear that the Wosera's are not so stupid!

Even Greg Maisen is going out to Wosera to nominate for the Regional Seat.

It seems to me that Allan Bird has made Woseras the most powerful people in East Sepik. The fate of a sitting Prime Minister rests in the hands of the Woseras and the country can only sit and watch. Prior to this I think most PNGans have never heard of or even cared who or where the Woseras were from! Well done Mr Bird.

This is very interesting!

Current Topic - Wosera-Gawi: Most Stupid People in PNG
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to board