PNGscape Komuniti Board

Part of the PNGscape Komuniti.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to board  

Changing telecom mobile phone Sim cards

October 10 2007 at 12:50 PM
No score for this post
coolchick 

Hi there wantoks,,,

Am thinking of bringing a telecom mobile phone with me from overseas to PNG. Is there any chances of me changing a sim card there ( PNG) or my cell phone is of no value should i bring it home.

Further, I know pre-paid vodafone phones are easy to change sim cards.

Please do update me on that matter.

Regards

wantok:

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
here's what you do

Re: Changing telecom mobile phone Sim cards

No score for this post
October 10 2007, 1:17 PM 

Just confirm with your mobile phone company that your handset is NOT locked to their network.
If it is, then ask them to unlock it. You can grab a B-Mobile SIM card in PNG for K25.00 only (with K10.00 free call credits)and you'll set to buzz like bee !

here's what you do

No score for this post
October 10 2007, 1:19 PM 

Just confirm with your mobile phone company that your handset is NOT locked to their network.
If it is, then ask them to unlock it. You can grab a B-Mobile SIM card in PNG for K25.00 only (with K10.00 free call credits)and you'll set to buzz like a bee !

Anonymous

No score for this post
October 10 2007, 2:37 PM 

That's right. I have my handset unlocked and bought a B mobile sim card and have being using it everytime I go home. A new number will be allocated to you when you buy your sim card in PNG.

Anonymous

No score for this post
October 10 2007, 7:03 PM 

Thanks alot for the response,, muchly appreciated,,, now are you guys refering to telecom mobile or vodafone moblie phones.

I know that with a Vodafone, you can change sim cards easily. THis I was referring to telecom moblie phone.

Sorry but couldn't figure out if youse are talking about vodafone or telecom, as someone mentioned that taking telecom mobile phones to PNG is a waste.

regards:

Anonymous

No score for this post
October 10 2007, 10:06 PM 

I don't know about vodafone, telstra, etc. but mine is an optus. Before I first went back to PNG I asked the staff at optus to unlock my handset so I could use the same phone which they did. I think that is possible with other phones too. Just make an enquiry and find out for yourself.

Thanks

Anonymous

No score for this post
October 10 2007, 10:56 PM 

Simply ask any dealer to unlock the phone, unlocking does not count the model or network. It is that easy...........

kiri

No score for this post
October 11 2007, 8:53 AM 

Well mate, all u have to do is just unlock whatever phone u have and u can be able to use it when u travel anywhere. If u go back home then u can use b-mobile sim or even digicel sim too. U can be able to use your unlocked phone in other pacific islands too.

coolchick

No score for this post
October 11 2007, 8:32 PM 

Hi all, thanks alot for your prompt responses and time too. I will do as youse have stated.

Regards to you all:

cheers

coolchick

Current Topic - Changing telecom mobile phone Sim cards
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to board