PNGscape Komuniti Board

Part of the PNGscape Komuniti.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to board  

Awesa: House of God or Satan?

May 21 2008 at 12:30 PM
No score for this post

All,
See the article on Wed 21/05 PC, makes you wonder why it seems like all the evils are coming from that haus tambaran, and truely said too. The PM of the day and his cabinet seem to be very protective of their skins, and do not want to see, hear or read anything including inquiries and news articles that exposes evil practices, even allegations against them are aggressively denied, whistle blowers have been threatened and even bribed. Thus, Awesa has done well by raising this issue.

Awesa has hit the nail on the head . .

Awesa: House of God or Satan?
IMBONGGU MP Francis Awesa yesterday questioned the morals and ethics of parliamentarians and lack of respect for the Parliament.
He said it was ironic that parliamentarians prayed for God’s guidance at the start of every session in a building dubbed “Haus Tambaran”.
Among many points of orders, specifically from Forest Minister Belden Namah, to rule the issue out of order and bearing no economic benefit to the country, Mr Awesa persisted with his questions and comments.
He asked if the National Parliament was truly a “House of God or that of Satan”.
“Maybe we should do away with prayers and bring the spirit people to come and perform. I don’t want to live in contradiction.”
He told Parliament that some quarters in the Christian circles had raised concern over the years that the design of the Parliament Hous was that of the Sepik Haus Tambaran where evil spirits were worshiped.
He said the construction and subsequent blessing of the house was inviting the evil spirits and their subsequent influence on the Members of Parliament.
Mr Awesa said strong leaders with Christian background had succumbed to immoral practices like womanising and acceptance of bribes and stealing, fueling that perception.
The outspoken Member said the recent upsurge in alleged lies on a number of issues had added their weight to that perception.
Assistant speaker and Central Bougainville MP Jimmy Miringtoro ruled that the questions be written and sent to the parliamentary standing order committee for deliberations.
Parliament adjourned to this morning.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Support

Re: Awesa: House of God or Satan?

No score for this post
May 21 2008, 1:17 PM 

Itz about time someone query inot that "haus tambaran".
Planti sin save kamap lo hap ya..Het blo ol memeber save go long long taim ol go insait lo hap ya...
They forget about their promise to the people and start doing evil things!!!
Good one Awesa

Anonymous

What about himself?

No score for this post
May 21 2008, 1:57 PM 

hahaha...he should think before he opens his mouth...what about himself panim ol meri nabaut na givim bel nabuat raun. ol lapum tu ino save lapum isi ya...haha, we from the inside know what sort of a person he is..he is evil man. hes a one sided one, tanim tanim man...who knows him him confirm this..
happy reading!!

laikim yupela lon dabilo...lol

Anonymous

Re: What about himself?

No score for this post
May 21 2008, 3:40 PM 

He must have really broken your heart and dumped you. The post was conerning national interest and not person.. you freaking idiot.

He is one of those sucessful business man from nothing, now politician. The people choose him for the electorate and national politics.

Woman side, yes he has the right to find a woman,, polygamy is part of his culture.

PNG laws does not stop that...

Sapotim dodok blo u Ano

No score for this post
May 22 2008, 10:59 AM 

U can laugh, go on. Ur sons, daughters, kandres, bubus bihain taim bai kisim taim, becos our country depends much on how our current govt conducts itself. And to hear see and read so much corruption these days makes caring pngeans craze for justice becoz we care.

And Ralph, mipla planti pngeans believe in Godly interventions.

ty

Anonymous

To Anon..

No score for this post
May 22 2008, 6:49 PM 

He's not critising the issue and making himself look perfect. He is only making a statment thus viewed by everyone and himself. As a member of parliment he is excersing his right to speak on issues and he has so far been very vocal on very sensitive issues concerning our country. So instead of people like you making personal attacks, you should be thanking him because at least someone is speaking out on your behalf and wants to see real change!!!
If you have a personal agenda with him then go tell it to his face like real a man/woman. Grow up mendi people!!! All you guys do is critise each other and are very jealous of people who have made it big! No wonder your town is full of pottholes and drugies.

Anonymous

Re: What about himself?

No score for this post
May 23 2008, 4:06 PM 

the guy is very rich so shouldnt you be happy for the lady?...She's going to be living in a life of luxury now...Or may be you must jealous that he didnt pick you and dumped you!!! LOL....
Observer tasol

Anonymous

Childish comment

No score for this post
October 22 2008, 2:56 PM 

You a self centered, thinking about your personal business rather than the national interest. Think as a Papua New Guinean. If you have personal comments please take it to your haus lain. We are talking about this country going to the dogs nothing compares to your low minded chidish comments. Please think....

kundkai

Re.Re: Awesa: House of God or Satan?

No score for this post
May 22 2008, 2:35 AM 

Wanbel em i stap. Long taim mipela planti lain savi toktok na nau mi ting, God yet i putim dispela tingting i go long one pela MP bilong PNG na em i putim long public long Postcourier na em opim ai bilomg olgeta man meri long PNG.

Try and read on the postcourier fron June 07th 2007 ( viewpoits ) Sepik tambarans may flex muscle. By Barag Mapuka- Ijigab tribe from Sepik . Please lets put this good feed backs - to postcourier for the good of our people and our beautiful country.

We must not try to attach one persons personel side of live. Suport, Mi wanbel long fed backs bilong yu. God Bless.

kundkai

No score for this post
May 22 2008, 2:38 AM 

Wanbel em i stap. Long taim mipela planti lain savi toktok na nau mi ting, God yet i putim dispela tingting i go long one pela MP bilong PNG na em i putim long public long Postcourier na em opim ai bilomg olgeta man meri long PNG.

Try and read on the postcourier fron June 07th 2007 ( viewpoits ) Sepik tambarans may flex muscle. By Barag Mapuka- Ijigab tribe from Sepik . Please lets put this good feed backs - to postcourier for the good of our people and our beautiful country.

We must not try to attach one persons personel side of live. Suport, Mi wanbel long fed backs bilong yu. God Bless.

No score for this post
May 22 2008, 9:38 AM 

I hate to disappoint you all,
there is no such thing as the power of good or evil.

Only tghe deeds that men choose to do.

Regards......Ralph.

Ralph, em rights blo yu long tok olsem

No score for this post
May 22 2008, 10:49 AM 

My rights also and that of my brethen to think how we think as well as expressing our faith.
thank you

Anonymous

Re: Ralph, em rights blo yu long tok olsem

No score for this post
May 22 2008, 6:55 PM 

Well PNG is not not only a christian country but superstition does rule supreme whether you can say I beleive or dont beleive. So maybe the haus tambaran (our parliment) to some might be a cursed place, who knows!
Seems like evryone whos entered have come out, ahem, lets just say more enlightned!

not me...did not do it

it must be the Haus

No score for this post
May 23 2008, 9:20 AM 

it must be the house that causes all the corruption?????

all of the pollies were good and honest men b4 they went there!!

Anonymous

Re: it must be the Haus

No score for this post
May 23 2008, 4:02 PM 

This is so true!!..I sat with some christians a while back and this was one of our topics of conversation. Our parliment is really a represntation of a culture and tradtion which is so unspeakable today. Young men in the haus tambaran were sodomised and there was so much evil in that haus tambaran.
By the way who decided in the first place that our parliment should be in the design of the haus tambaran?..I bet it must have been a sepik dude, maybe somare himself!! That parliment haus is a curse and thats so true! It makes honest men into liars, thieves and basically criminals!

Mangi Wasa-Ra

Em haus o ol yet wokim?

No score for this post
May 23 2008, 4:21 PM 

Ol brata long hailens,

The parliament house design is made after the Kwarambu meeting house of the Abelam speaking peoples of East Sepik Province. Abelam starts in West Yangoru, through Mapik & Wosera. I am an Abelam.

This is not the same building as the house tambaran of the Sepik River people, you guys have two different things mixed up.

Let me ask you a question as one man to another:

When your member decides to steal money that was meant for your social services. Did the tambaran ask him to do it? Or did he want to do it himself? How do you know that the tambaran got his hand and moved his hand into the bank account and stole the money?

When your member decides to steal another man's wife, or grab some young 16 year olds in POM and take them to his hotel room at Lamana. Is it the tambaran who gets the woman drunk, takes her clothes off, then grabs your MP's diwai & puts it into her honeypot, then puts his hand on your MPs bum and pushes it up & down?

Come on people, lets be real, sapos yu laik kuapim wanpla meri o one hundred meri, who is going to force you or stop you? If you want to steal one million kina in front of your face, who is going to stop you?

Our MPs are corrupt because they were corrupt before they got into parliament, not after the get in they become corrupted.

I respect Awesa but his views are a little too simplistic for me. A tambaran will never tell me to steal but perhaps the tambaran finds me too difficult to work with. Others are made of softer material I guess.

Yupla ol brothers blo mi long highlands, I expect much more critical thinking from you than this.

Anonymous

Re: Em haus o ol yet wokim?

No score for this post
May 23 2008, 4:53 PM 

Shut up, you can talk smart but you could be as corrupt as you people and stupid corrupt leaders from the Sepik. Somare is a clever stupid corrupt leader and you and I know for sure.

The had of the Devil.

No score for this post
May 24 2008, 2:15 AM 

Yes Mangi Wasa-Ra,
as you so eloquently put it. It is a man's own choice.

This is the message I was trying to get across. While you sre blaming the Devil or devils, or invoking your God to help you, you are merely marking time. You are wasting not gold nor money, but that which is most precious to man....Time.

If you want things to change, you set out to change them. Whether you use the pen or the sword, is up to you. Look at Rousseau and Voltaire. One used the sword, and one used the pen. Both were equally instrumental in bringing about the French Revolution. Voltaire used the pen to educate the people. Rousseau used the sword to clear the way. For words alone will never clear away the dead wood.

To every man upon this Earth,
Death cometh soon or late,
And how can man die better,
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods. (MacCauley)

Hehe. Yupela kisim save nau......Ralph.

The hand of the Devil.

No score for this post
May 24 2008, 2:22 AM 

Em nau. Mi longlong tru.

Wanpela typo.

tewel blo haus tambaran

Re: The hand of the Devil.

No score for this post
May 24 2008, 5:07 AM 

Ralph - tok yu tok em tru.
Its no use just sindaun na blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, go na yumi belhat lo nambis go hailans ikam go daun lo ol ailan.
Plis if we continue to attack each other online than how do we expect our mp's to work together for change... face the truth people:
"One Country, One Nation, One People" is a myth. On every forum thread on this site, yumi killim yumi yet stap ya. Change sa stat lo bottom up or top down??

Yu yet skelim!

Take action! Call 911!

The Devil

Look out! I am watching you

No score for this post
May 24 2008, 6:45 AM 

Beware of the Devil in Devil's clothing. For in Satan we find the tracts of truth. It is Satan for whom we have utmost love. Go Satan! Go you good thing!

murumbu amesii

dont act childish!

No score for this post
May 24 2008, 10:14 AM 

Who says ur DEVIL????

U should be in hell na why r u here????

this is a national issue u FREAK!

u kamap lo kok wara blo satan ah?.....

trutru we should change the name of the haus man....

the greedy old man(somare) is controlling this country like his own asset....his a real kok face.....

its like we are in a cenrally planned type of economy.....a communist country....what da **** dame man...

Mangi Wasa-Ra

Is it the Devil outside yu or inside yu?

No score for this post
May 24 2008, 3:00 PM 

Thanks Ralph, unfortunately, that is what 99% of PNGans are good at. We are real quick to blame someone else for our problems and we keep avoiding the real perpetrator: ourselves.

This is our culture, it is not my fault; it is always someone elses fault. You can see this culture in the millions being demanded for road repairs up in the highlands. This disease of corruption is now taking root on the coast as well.

You see Ralph, we have had more pastors & priests become members of parliament than any other nation on earth and almost all of them have become corrupt. So in our simple reasoning, the building they are supposed to be working in, made them corrupt.

Our pidgin language illustrates this very well: "Naip i katim han blo mi" or in English "I cut my hand with the knife". The english places the act of cutting oneself on the person while the pidgin places the blame squarely on the knife! Here is the reflection of a Papua New Guineans innermost Devil, himself.

So I ask you all, is it the Devil in the House who causes corruption or is it the Devil already living in our Lewa since we were born that is causing all these problems.

Honestly, if I was the Devil, why would I waste my time with weaklings who are already doing me a favour. I would invest my time in attacking more deserving targets than PNGans.

I think we all give too much credit to the Devil. Does he really have to do much for a PNG MP to steal money, act like an idiot and have sex with anything that moves? I think not. The PNG MP has just won the lottery, he is now the biggest man in PNG for 5 years and he will live this life to the hilt!

Grow up PNG, stop blaming others for your own failures.

The Devil

I am at home in hopeless PNG

No score for this post
May 25 2008, 7:16 AM 

PNG is a great place for me to work. The people are lazy as hell hahaha my joke hahaha and they are sinners all of them. They elect a fat little pig to run their show and they spend all the time complaining about their little pig. PNG people begin to screw around at the age of five and they blame everybody else for getting AIDS. Boy! Do I have fun with the hopeless people of PNG.

Anonymous

Re: I am at home in hopeless PNG

No score for this post
May 25 2008, 1:54 PM 

I totally agree with you Mr Devil. All PNGians are LAZY. Public servants are lazy, politicians are lazy and ignorant, and almost everyone in PNG is lazy. No work ethics; and no committment to the work they do. Soooooooo incompetent are PNGians. They don't care, as long as there is wantok system whom they can always seek refuge when in need of food or money.

In the developed world, you've got to work your ass out to earn a living. They are committed, and have a very high standard of work ethics, olsem na they are the way they are while yumi stap olsem yet bikos yumi no bisi...

Anonymous

WTF

No score for this post
May 25 2008, 6:54 PM 

Excuse me are guys serious?????lol the "house of parliament" has "evil powers"hahahahahaha
hahahahaha oh pls..no wonder the country is so backward..its becoz of this..ur mentality is ****ed up...lol common u can seriously believe the members r influenced by evil spirits when they enter the parliament??listern to urself..its lyk ur telling a movie stry line o sumthg..pls 2008 ya..maski tingting olsem ol line blo bipo..pls house of parliament havin evil powers!!hahaha i laugh @ u all...get educated u ignorant ppl! mi sam ya!

what u guys don noe??im sorry u noe bt ur jst ignorant..is dat members in parliament can do corrupt business becoz 1.its very easy, 2. they won't get caught becoz the law is not strict!!even if they get caught..they jst bribe the mother****er

Change ur ****en mentality n the country will improve.....right now everyones minds set is to make a qucik buck..drink wara n **** women..

Excuse my language but im pissed at this ****in corrupted leaders.Wish i cud tlk to one of them face to face..n break it down nicely 4 dat mother****er!!

Anonymous

No score for this post
May 30 2008, 9:56 PM 

Jesus chrickey! Francis Awesa now wants to be an angel - get me outta here. The man has got to think before opening his mount. Everyone who comes from SHP/Mendi knows his womanising escapades! the man is a legendary womaniser!

Anonymous

No score for this post
May 31 2008, 2:02 PM 

It's not about Awesa, its about the nation! He is just a drop in the ocean trying to put foward issues that many papua new guineans share...Frankly we need more outspoken leades like AWESA who are able to put up a good fight to the Somare led government. Some may agreee with what he is saying others may not..its only natural..

Stop being ignorant and shallow minded and attack leaders,...it only reflects the type of person one is...

East

EHP taking lead_Nokondi out lo Flag

No score for this post
May 31 2008, 3:51 PM 

Awesa has raised a very important issue. Our politicians in that big house are not even supporting him and that very sad.

But we have to start small changes some where and eventually, it will shed some light to those polis' out there. Atleast, EHP will be taking the lead. A petition has been presented to two local MPs and they will present it at the PEC meeting next month.

Soon eastern highland will not be refered to as Nokondi land, and this will change the mindset of all our members, so they will support Awesa.

East

Proud PNGEAN

AWESA HITS THE NAIL AGAIN!!

No score for this post
June 2 2008, 11:33 AM 

This leader is really drilling the Somare Govt.
This is what democracy is all about!

Well done to the MP for stepping up and being vocal of a myriad of other issues also.

Mundmongmi Enem

Re: RE: Awesa Hits The Nail Again

No score for this post
June 4 2008, 11:25 PM 

Please, Why can't the whole country go on a nation wide Protest, including police, army, doctors,nurses, schools,employers, employee's and village people instead of only uni-students or few other organisations. Every body from the grass root level up to the top feel the the pint of the corruption in our own country by this corrupt PM and his family running the country like their own private business. Protest for a month and ask him to step down as a Prime Minister. Change the name of the parliament and ask the people in all provinces to chose a name which would mean that PNG is a Christain Country as we call it. Ask all christains, Pastors and prayer warriors in all provinces to go and pray at the Haus parliament when you change the name and seal it with the Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ and claim it in Jesus name so that there is no demons in this buiding. The demons were put in this P / Haus since it was built and given the name Haus Tambaran. The demons feel that they have the rights to stay in this Haus Tambaran as the name represents them. Please lets do something rather than bla bla bla on the internet / postcourier. Action is better than words.

Yumi yet nau.
God Bless you All

The Devil

Call PNG Hell and be proud of it

No score for this post
June 5 2008, 7:53 AM 

Many of my enemies call PNG Hell. They hate it here. They hate the people. They hate the climate. They hate the countryside. They even hate PNG's animals. I wonder if PNG is such a bad place. I know I have my work cut out for me. People here are lazy and uncouth and quite animalistic if one cares to admit it. I would be proud to Call this country Hell. Republic of Hell. Sounds cool!

Can't you read?

No score for this post
June 5 2008, 8:37 AM 

God Mudmongmi,
can't you read?

Mangi Wasa-Ra has already explained about the Haus Tambaran thing. Yu painim long posting antap.

This is definitely a characteristic of many PNG people. Once you get an idea set in your heads, nothing will change it. ie.(It is my opinion. Don't confuse me with facts.)

You are worse even than my fellow Australians in this regard, and that IS saying something.

Regards......Ralph.

Anonymous

Re: Can't you read?

No score for this post
June 5 2008, 9:57 AM 

mudmonkey or sorry mudmongmi
png isn't even a christian country.
that was long ago but not anymore... you need a reality checkup myate!

Anonymous

No score for this post
June 5 2008, 10:03 AM 

ah, papua new guineans! we are good at it, the ra ra ra and more ra thing. crazy but true. action? NOGAT na NOGAT. who is the most appropriate person to arrange for an industrial strike?

veteran blo igam

No score for this post
June 5 2008, 12:44 PM 

lukim stap. ino long taim bai military cue bai kamap na ol mp bai as op

Mund Mongi mienem

Re: Re: Can't You Read?

No score for this post
June 7 2008, 6:18 AM 

Ol wantok, larim ol so called wapra thief MP's long opim ai na as bilong ol op istap. Ol police man na meri tu yah,ol tu mas sapotim ol husat ilaik go protest na no ken stopim ol. yumi olgeta pilim pen long kain long long bilong ol ( Sepik family )PM bagarapim kantri na ol i ronim olsem private bisnis bilong ol yet.

MMM

Mund Mongi mienem

Re: Re: Can't You Read?

No score for this post
June 7 2008, 6:18 AM 

Ol wantok, larim ol so called wapra thief MP's long opim ai na as bilong ol op istap. Ol police man na meri tu yah,ol tu mas sapotim ol husat ilaik go protest na no ken stopim ol. yumi olgeta pilim pen long kain long long bilong ol ( Sepik family )PM bagarapim kantri na ol i ronim olsem private bisnis bilong ol yet.

MMM

Parisan

No score for this post
October 25 2008, 8:42 AM 

What a hypocrite? This man is known to be one of those very corrupt individual who squandered millions of Kina from the State via his construction firm [forgot what the name was though].

It puzzles me that he now feels that he is in a position, a righteuos position might I say to criticise others. It has been rumoured that he collaborated with the Goevrnment of the day back then to pipe public funds into his construction firm which was undertaking road re-construction works throughout POM at that time.

And he's ways with women [those SHP ladies] was quite legendary.

I'm literally laughing here, trying to appreciate where this man is coming from. Has he recently become a christian? Some people are unreal! What a flipping laughing stock.

Le Bleu
Paris

Renegade

Allegations

No score for this post
January 12 2009, 9:57 AM 

hey le bleu,
Pretty stern allegations, do you have any proof of this or just going from heasay. Just interested.

Current Topic - Awesa: House of God or Satan?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to board