PNGscape Komuniti Board

Part of the PNGscape Komuniti.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to board  

Is DoW going private?

September 25 2008 at 7:24 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous 

Is it true? What are the advantages and disadvantages? How would privatisation affect the current employees?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dirt Digger - Highlands

Re: Is DoW going private?

No score for this post
October 9 2008, 7:09 PM 

Whats DoW? I don't know if they still exist? The ones I know in Mt Hagen, Kundiawa, Goroka are nothing but a grave yard. Walk into their yard and all you seen are run-down buildings and machineries with nothing to do. Thank f for the ADB projects in the mentioned towns. ADB engages DoW personnels (Technical Officers and Engineers) to run or oversee their projects and pay them peanuts. I guess its better than nothing.

DoW is non-existing. THey got nothing; financial power, machineries, technical expertise, as most of the ones they had have been picked up by private contractors. THis department should be abolished.

Ganyio

Anonymous

Re: Is DoW going private?

No score for this post
October 22 2008, 12:26 PM 

As the saying goes "there is no such thing as free lunch". that is why the only way to keep DoW going is to go private.........See what's happening happening with all the statutory authorities.....forget the free handout mentality

Current Topic - Is DoW going private?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to board