PNGscape Komuniti Board

Part of the PNGscape Komuniti.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to board  

why is air lines png still here?

February 1 2012 at 3:53 PM
No score for this post
iagifu ridge 

After numerous crashes and so many lives lost how is it that this air line still operates . The management had alot to answer for and yet it still operates putting more lives in danger.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
s

Re: why is air lines png still here?

No score for this post
February 1 2012, 3:59 PM 

Obviously you don't know anything about business to even ask such a question!

iagifu ridge

to s

No score for this post
February 1 2012, 4:14 PM 

That may be tru but wait till one of your relatives die in a airlines png crash. Then we will see who is asking the questions.

Z

Re: to s

No score for this post
February 1 2012, 4:26 PM 

it's already happened, the questions have already been asked, and air lines PNG is still flying so it doesn't look to me like it makes any difference!

Z

Bekim

No score for this post
February 1 2012, 5:53 PM 

Airlines PNG is still here because -

1-obviously enough people still fly on the airlines to keep it from going completely bankrupt.

2-they serve many airstrips that no other airline serves

3-none of their crashes have ever been shown to be due to the negligence of the airline itself. Instead it has either been pilot error or (in the case of the recent crash) mechanical error that traces back to Canada, not to Airlines PNG.

Airlines PNG has a higher crash rate because it flies to much more dangerous airstrips overall using smaller planes. Simple as that. If Air Niugini was forced into flying mostly twin otters with a few Dash 8's, you'd see Air Niugini's safety record crash too.

Aviation 101

No score for this post
February 2 2012, 6:52 AM 

Tru tru,
PNG has some of the most dangerous flying conditions this side of Anarctica.

The mountains on the Kokoda side of the Owen Stanleys, are littered with plane wrecks. The storms in that area are legendary amongst pilots. Any light aircraft doesn't stan a chance. Even a larger twin-enginesd light aircraft such as a Twin Otter, would be swatted into the side of a mountain, by winds of 200mph or more. A Cessna 172 is only rated for 5G positive, and 3G negative. Such winds would pull its wings off.

Any airline operating under such conditions will have loads of crashes. Does anyone remember Talair?

The other reason is geographic. The Owen stanleys run East west. The trade-winds pile the cloud up on the southern side of the range. So, by 1100hrs most of the southern side of the country is covered in cloud. As the ceiling of most light aircraft, is less than the height of the mountains. They have to fly around the mountains. This is inherently dangerous in a light aircraft. They do not have the navigatinal aids of a large commercial aircraft. ie. Radar, radar/radio altimeters, clear air turbulence warning radar, storm warning radar, and so on.

The company I worked for that took me to PNg, specifically excluded us form flying on single-engined aircraft in PNG. Obviously for insurance reasons.

Happy flying......Ralph

get cracking!

No score for this post
February 6 2012, 6:30 PM 

Nau yu save, Iagifu ridge? Planti ol manmeri answerim pinis displa askim bo yu.

Hope your not a professional to be asking such a question when the answers are so obvious.

No score for this post
November 9 2012, 4:21 AM 

Hello!
I'm Nelia I found your contact while surfing the Internet and I picked interest in getting incontact with you so as to know you better. I wish to be in relationship with you and may be discover ourselves as real friends/partners. If you're interested then write me back here (maribabyu21@yahoo.com)ok. I will be happy seeing a good response from you so that i can send you my picture and tell you more about me.
Thanks and remain blessed.
Greetings,
Nelia

Current Topic - why is air lines png still here?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to board