PNGscape Komuniti Board

Part of the PNGscape Komuniti.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to board  

Outrage, protests grow over............................

March 22 2012 at 12:06 PM
No score for this post
steamships 

Outrage, protests grow over........................

You see this kind of headline in many countries now and then as the people take to the streets to fight against some kind of problem in that society, or problem against their government.

You will never see such a headline in PNG no matter how bad things get, because we the people of PNG will never take the kind of real action that counts.

I don't know why we have become such cowards.

I do know that our leaders are happy about the situation.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Re: Outrage, protests grow over............................

No score for this post
March 22 2012, 12:24 PM 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anonymous

No score for this post
March 31 2012, 6:41 PM 

http://www.asiasentinel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4299&Itemid=601

member of a 'nation' in PNG

Does PNG has the potential to revolt against corruption???

No score for this post
March 22 2012, 5:09 PM 

PNG is a nation made up of >500 plus small nations; don't forgot, there are 800 plus unique languages. It is very hard to mobolise everyone in POM/Lae or PNG to come together for any major demonstration, but you can easily mobolise each tribe or same language speaking group. This is the reality my friends.
The Students power is a myth in PNG, sori tru. What else can we do to fight the evil? How can we get the supports from all PNG citizens? These are questions I've been asking to myself.

I think PNG has the potential for revolution, but not with our generation.

Former Student

Student Power?

No score for this post
March 22 2012, 9:06 PM 

PNGUnitech Students are organizing a forum (Friday 23rd March) on the matter of the Judicial Bill!

Freedom

Let's condemn the politicians

No score for this post
March 23 2012, 1:17 AM 

lets condemn the politicians in the strongest possible terms, they are a bunch of hypocrites, morons and lunatics who just vote for anything without debating the pros and cons, longterm implications of such draconian,tyrannical,dictatorship type laws!! How could they rush thorugh a legislations like that. This new law guarantees that no minister or member in government bench will ever get sentenced to jail whatsoever... Em ol bai hire and fire Lo judges blo yumi, so bai nougat neutrality or impartiality now... Na ol ombudsman commission Na lega eagles pasin eye stap yet!!

em nau

Re: Let's condemn the politicians

No score for this post
March 23 2012, 3:10 PM 

TGF,

Oneil namah Gods chosen government.

Indeed

Re: Let's condemn the politicians

No score for this post
March 23 2012, 4:40 PM 

The god mammon.

Dont Bother

Re: Student Power?

No score for this post
March 23 2012, 4:46 PM 

Stupid students protesting again. You guys never learn dont you!!

Former Student

Re: Student Power?

No score for this post
March 23 2012, 9:12 PM 

Hey mate, it looks like its up to the "stupid students" agin, because there is no one (no oppositon) left.

Any one has any news updates about the UPNG Students march Friday?

Once again, the students act because YU won't

It's the older generation who DESTROYED this country who are the cowards

No score for this post
March 24 2012, 4:22 PM 

Thank you UPNG Students
March 24, 2012Leave a commentGo to comments
www.ourpacificways.wordpress.com

Hats off to the students of the University of Papua New Guinea who today showed their disagreement on the new Judicial Conduct Bill.

Today they marched down the street of Port Moresby to the parliament house and presented their petition to Secretary Manasupe Zurenuoc as Papua New Guineans expressed their support through mobile phone messages that flooded the students phones.

The new bill gives government the power to suspend judges.

The students said that the Judicial Conduct Bill is dangerous and abusive of established Constitutional and legislative processes and Offices already in operation and force.

They said, “we believe this Act of Parliament is wrong!”

Random calls around the country pledged full support of the student action saying, this Act is wrong and it must be repealed immediately.

Disguisted

All shall Protest that the recent law on Judiciary be undone!!!

No score for this post
March 24 2012, 8:58 PM 

Everyone, Students, Churches, NGOs, coperate organizations should wake up and make peace protests against the recent law on the Judiciary. It is unbecoming of good leadership. Nemah O'nell government is really going from bad to worse. People of PNG wake up and do sometime before we end up being monopolised by dictatorship. Wake up PNG, Wake up citizens! Where are our elites? Why are you hidding away as if nothing is happening. Mobalise and do something. Our very constitution that separate the powers between the judiciary, Legislature and the Executive and keeps the perfect balance is being diminished. Should we allow this to continue is such a manner? Where is O'nell getting all these stupid advices to downplay the intergrity of the Constitution?

Mkkendayamo

The new law needs to be tested!

No score for this post
March 31 2012, 6:45 PM 

The proposed conduct bill for judges behaviour is yet to become law if passed for the second time thru Parliament next sitting. Whatever happens is anybody’s guess and whose interest? PNG or the politicians or both? An in-dept knowledge is now required to understand the core value of both the negatives and positives this law would bring. Those who are against the bill understand the judiciary is their last hope that holds the country together from fragmentation. Yes, it does and is the very basis of our uncontrolled democracy we enjoy, contained and maintained by the Judiciary since Independence. But hang on! What would happen if a permanent Stay Order is instituted against you by the highest court of the land or if a court is perceived bias? Is there a law that allows for such to happen and how can it be dealt with? If there is no such law, then our democracy is at bet to become a yardstick at the latter, giving more room for official corruption in the Judiciary. Think about it folks. We all have not read the full content of the proposed bill as yet. Until and when it is fully understood, PNG can either choice sides. This is a test for the people of PNG. High esteem to those who are hell bend at exploding their ill-humour on the tune of the Bill.

lazy dog

Re: Does PNG has the potential to revolt against corruption???

No score for this post
March 31 2012, 12:07 PM 

Student power is a myth in PNG? It never was a myth in the 1980s and 1990s. And obviously the events over the past week have proved you wrong.

Try again, buster, with a new theory as to why we're all lazy dogs.

member of a 'nation' in PNG

No score for this post
April 1 2012, 9:39 PM 

Demonstrations and achievements are two different things. Lazy dog the bustard, list 1 or 2 bills government completely withdrew after the student demonstrations?

I am not against our students fighting now, they have my full support. But my only wish is too see the bill is taken out from the parliament's table and never to emerge again.
Except the Sandline crisis, which was supported by PNGDF, all the bills were passed after Student Power cool down. BTW, I'm a victim of early 1990s students demonstrations; cars were set on fire and the academic year was suspended, but at the end the MPs increased their benefits and the land mobilization bill was passed.
We must think of an effective way to shake the parliament.

Anonymous

No score for this post
April 1 2012, 9:45 PM 

OMG.. sorry. I did not mean to write the word "bustard"... it was suppose to be "buster". Sorry my friend, don't take it seriously.

look at your own PNG history, mate!

No score for this post
April 1 2012, 10:42 PM 

In 1994, Julius Chan, at the urging of the World Bank, prepared to start a mass land registration drive, as a prerequesite from grabbing land through land leases.

The uni students revolted, went on strike, then engaged in a massive teaching around the country.

Julius Chan was forced to abandon the plans, and people's customary land as a result were safe from being stolen all the way up until the Somare government started their SABL scam.

The fact is that student power is extremely powerful if it's used well.

Of course people like you are always going to search, search and search some more to find any kind of lame excuse to justify doing nothing. It's obvious that this is what you're doing.

nelia

No score for this post
November 9 2012, 4:15 AM 

Hello!
I'm Nelia I found your contact while surfing the Internet and I picked interest in getting incontact with you so as to know you better. I wish to be in relationship with you and may be discover ourselves as real friends/partners. If you're interested then write me back here (maribabyu21@yahoo.com)ok. I will be happy seeing a good response from you so that i can send you my picture and tell you more about me.
Thanks and remain blessed.
Greetings,
Nelia

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to board