OK Marc, I have one for you (though tough one...) >>>

by Reto Castellazzi

I have seen an answer to the question before, but I can not find it using the Search Function on Wayne Lee's forum and also not on the Japanese Watch Forum...

Now the question (like the answer garantee a lot;-)):

What are the serial numbers of the SEIKO Kinetics that used faulty capacitors. The characteristics of the fault are, that the capacitor does not store the energy for a long time. Typically a power reserve indiction (Full = 30 second steps of the second hand during PR indication mode) falls back to 10 or 5 seconds within ca. 5 minutes. Interesting personal observation: after wearing the watch uninterruptedly for about 10 days the capacitors seem to revive themselves to a certain extent. I have discussed this with Rob Berkavicius (Rob B.) already and he also thinks that a revitalization of the dielectricum of the capacitor would be possible to some extent.

Now my question simply is, what is the time window of production (or the range of the serial numbers which is the same in Seiko's notation) for those Kinetics that used FAULTY capacitors?

Best regards and thanks in advance for an answer Marc! And of course CONGRATULATION TO YOUR SECOND FORUM! All the best and a lot of interesting questions!

Reto

Posted on Mar 7, 2002, 4:04 AM
from IP address 203.146.223.81

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement