body text="#000000" bgcolor="#000000">

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>CR500 General Talk Main Page  

BR8ES vs. BR8EG

June 20 2002 at 11:42 PM
No score for this post
CRazy500 

I was recommended to use the BR8ES plugs in my '93 CR500. What's the difference between the ES's and the EG's? The BR8ES wasn't even one of the 3 options for my bike from NGK. Just the EG, EV and VX or something.
What's the BR8ES that I've been using?

Should I switch to the EG?

BTW, bike runs fine except at high rpm but that might be something else...?

Thanks.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
CRazy500

Re: BR8ES vs. BR8EG

No score for this post
June 20 2002, 11:53 PM 

OK...is the BR8ES possibly meant for marine applications? Appears so.

If so, is it OK to use in the CR500?

Anyone...?

PLUGS

No score for this post
June 21 2002, 12:17 AM 

The br8es has a normal center electrode and the eg is a fine wire type. The eg is the same as the br8ev but has a cheaper grade metal electrode. I like the b8ev the best ( non resistor type) and has easier starting.

Re: PLUGS

No score for this post
June 21 2002, 11:38 PM 

Does anyone know if my 01 needs to have a resistor? I have several non resistors laying around and would like to use them but i dont want to burn up my ignition. They are a little cheaper too but not much, 20 or 30 cents i think.

nick

Re: BR8ES vs. BR8EG

No score for this post
June 23 2002, 3:05 PM 

My mechanic recommended that i run the br8es and that is what I have always run. I have had know problems with it at all.

Nick

500 Mike

Projected Nose plug

No score for this post
June 23 2002, 8:18 PM 

Has anyone ever used a projected nose plug in their CR500 and what did you think? Eric Gorr recommends a BP6ES plug but that seems like a pretty hot heat range. Is there a different heat range for the "P" series plugs? Thanks!

cdaniels

wow are you stupid!

No score for this post
June 24 2002, 5:58 PM 

Still learing your plugs you dumb ass???????I've got a new name for you,STUPID500.It kind of has a ring.

500 Mike

cdaniels

No score for this post
June 24 2002, 9:12 PM 

Thanks for your response. It was extremely helpful!!

cdaniels

sorry

No score for this post
June 24 2002, 9:26 PM 

My message was meant for crazy500,sorry!

CRazy500

Dammmm..

No score for this post
June 25 2002, 1:11 AM 

Let it go, you Troll!!!
I've only had the bike for a few months. If you liked that one you should have seen some of the other ones I've asked. There's a difference between a dumb question(me) and a dumb person(you) Remember that!

cdaniels

CRazy500

No score for this post
June 25 2002, 9:06 AM 

Only a dumb person can ask a dumb question.(you)At least my question is debatable(obvious by the # of responses).Your question you should have learned in 6th grade! OR are you still in the 6th grade!!!!!The more we type the dumber you look.WOW are you stupid.

Anonymous

cdaniels

No score for this post
June 29 2002, 1:20 AM 

If he is in the 6th grade you by comparison sound like
a preschooler..grow up and find another site..maybe Larry's minibike page...

maddog

plug decoding link

No score for this post
June 25 2002, 10:32 PM 

here is the link to ngk's page on what the numbers and letters on the plugs mean

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/techinfo/spark_plugs/partnumberkey.pdf

hope it helps, it helped me to learn more.

MD

booger

cool chart

No score for this post
June 26 2002, 2:14 AM 

Now I can impress all my gear head buddies with my superior plug knowledge. Is it just me or does everyone but me fowl plugs. I think people just think they've fowled their plug when they're really only flooded, really. Seriously now, why do my plugs last forever when other people are changing them every other ride. I probably shouldn't care and in truth I really don't, but someone else may gain something. Or maybe they won't.

nick

Re: cool chart

No score for this post
June 28 2002, 3:21 PM 

sometimes people foul do to a too rich mixture. Worn rings can do it to

Current Topic - BR8ES vs. BR8EG
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>CR500 General Talk Main Page  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement