[New Post][Rules][Links][Synopsis][Costuming Board][FanFic Board]

Return to Index  

hmmm... why does this sound soo familiar??

January 29 2003 at 8:00 PM

artisticat  (Login artisticat)
from IP address 198.64.165.21

Response to cats and paint ot

yup yup I have been in the doghouse before for multicolored cat prints through the house.
Marx a black and white cat is the worst about it, he loves to be in the center of whatever activity you are doing, I spend most of my time painting thus marx ends up with brightly painted fur.

Then there is Phoenix, 'Nixie loves to paint. I never believed the "cats paint" book until I rescued 'Nixie.
She is a small grey cat with an orange blaze across her face. I was happily painting at my easle one day when she hopped in my lap, watched me for a few moments, got paint on her paw from my palette and proceeded to paint on my canvas with me, the odd green paw streaks were fun trying to explain to my art teacher. To this day if she decides to join in painting with me I let her, its kinda fun.

Then an older story, is about my greyhound Van-go (yes folks he had one ear). He is famous for eating my science project board, opening jelly jars, and other stories. One day he got into my paints and I can only assume decided it looked edible, we came home from work to find the living room gaily painted in bright yellow splotches the center of interest being hte lovely big yellow puddle and the yellow streaked dog in the mist of this mayhem. In the process of cleaning THAT mess up carrying blankets with yellow acrylic paint on them outside, we got yellow paint on the minivan bumper which lasted for 2 years after the incident.

and a note to other artists out there.. put the critter somewhere they can't hurt anything with their paint spattered paws, wait forit to dry THEN brush it off. Paint thinner of any sort is REALLY bad for the cat, worse than the paint itself.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on MusicalsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

E-mail Forum Owner