[New Post][Rules][Links][Synopsis][Costuming Board][FanFic Board]

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

A question, please...... :-)

January 27 2003 at 8:14 AM
Slui(Selina)  (no login)
from IP address 204.31.254.127

The other day, I responded to Nick's post on the other board by mentioning a 'Mysterious Cat'....

But try as I might, I can't remember who the Cat was?!
Anyone remember?
Thanks!

~Selina

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
SDPaul
(no login)

Hi Selina!

January 27 2003, 11:21 AM 

If you're referring to the "Mystry Cat" game we all wound up playing along with, it turned out to be Billy Johnstone (Coricopat)..hard to believe that was almost three years ago! Those WERE fun times, weren't they?

SDPaul/Growltiger/QuizCat

Respond to this message   

Sunshcat
(Login sunsh54)

LOL

January 27 2003, 4:50 PM 

Yes! I remember those days Paul, boy how I miss them. Can you imagine if Billy tryed to play that kind of game on Musicals.net these days? LOL. Anyway I miss seeing the than current cast from Bway on the forum. We all know what Keith is up to because he drops by here every once and a while and gives us an update, but I'd love to see the others,as well as Keith in some new show.

Cindy

Respond to this message   
SDPaul
(no login)

They WERE good times!

January 27 2003, 8:06 PM 

Remember Jeffrey and the "Lucky Charms" cereal posts?
Or the original "forum members as CATS cast" posts?
Whatever happened to some of our ol' playmates...like
Alonzo (Mike)..or Actor 333 (the OTHER Paul)...Nosriccan (sp?)..Maus Merryjest..Gintora..CATSFanatic..Demetrix..Terpsichore..ResQdog51...Dr. Whimsey..and my ol' buddy Bright Eyes?
(I don't think Dr. Whimsey ever DID cure him of thinking he was a 'cow"...hopefully, John Morrell didn't get a hold of him..otherwise by now, he probably really IS an Oscar Meyer weiner)
**sigh** I guess you can't go home again, as they say..
but the memories will always be there, and there's a lot to be said for that! :D

Respond to this message   
Slui(Selina)
(no login)

Where's all the time gone.....?!

January 27 2003, 10:58 PM 

Three years?! Imagine that....!

Hi, Paul, haven't seen you for a while, a lurker like me, eh?

Of course!! Now I remember, it was Billy...LOL
I, too, miss the old times. I miss Bright Eye, wondering where he is now? And Matt!! I miss mostly his
Top 5....

As far as I know, some of members of the forum have gotten married....some are working after leaving school
....and I have become a GRANDMA!! LOLOLOL ....all in three years' time!

Don't ever stop coming by, my friends.
Let's share the same memories!!

Love to all,
Selina

Respond to this message   
SDPaul
(no login)

Hi Selina!

January 28 2003, 11:51 AM 

LOL! Yep..I too have been a "lurker" for some time now..things have been rather busy for me the past few months, on both the professional side as well as personal, so I haven't had a whole lot of time for just some on-line "fun" Hopefully that'll change now in the next few weeks..
I was also at the first fan get together in June of 2000..that WAS a great time, wasn't it? I STILL remember Kyra and myself trying to string those Christmas lights all around the lower level of TGI Friday's and HOPING they'd STAY up (it took a few tries, but we finally succeeded..only to have the ones at the very front of the room come down just before the party ended..oh well!) And all of us on the decorating committee trying to figure out what we were going to order for lunch as we were setting up...I think it took us a whole half hour just to decide..right, Cindy? LOL!
Alonzo (Mike) cutting out all those CATS eyes from green construction paper, using a pair of mini-scissors I had in my travel kit..the wonderful cake Lynette created and brought with her..by BUS no less! And all of us getting a chance to mingle with a great bunch of people..both cast members and other forum folk..I'll never forget meeting "MystryCat" himself, Billy J, after being totally lost during his wonderful guessing game on the "classic" Musicals board...I also enjoyed visiting with Keith and hearing his comments from performing in one of my all time favorite shows "Fiddler On The Roof" ("It was HELL on the knees")..it was also fun meeting and socializing with people I'd only known as names on a messaage board..several friendships were formed in those few short days, several of which continue today. BIG thanks to Ms J. for creating this board...it's nice to be able to come and see familiar names, kinda playing around like we used to....
I'd be nice to see some pictures from that first get-together..I know Cindy as a number of them on her site, but who was it that put together a whole display of pictures of a lot of the fans as well as cast members..was that John from Norway?

Respond to this message   

Sunshcat
(Login sunsh54)

Paul

January 28 2003, 7:56 PM 

You do know how to liven up a daul day. Yes, I remember you guys trying to string the lights LOL. Oh, and that big decission about lunch, I thought I'd die of hunger before we'd all agreed on what to eat. Lynnette and her cakes were great, I remember Kyra and I went to the bus station to meet Lynette and help her with the cake. Oh, and heres another funny memory, the morning after the first party we had so much cake left over we ran it up to the Winter Garden Theatre for the cast to have during intermission. Here's another little funny thing that happened, do you remember that I had a new camcorder, and during the presentation of the gifts from the fans to the cast I THOUGH it was recording. I remember the cast got a big laugh out of that. For the second closing party I made sure I had it running. So many memories are rushing into my head maybe I'll go watch the party videos and so I can see some of our old friends again.

Cindy (who's mastered running her camcord much been these days)

Respond to this message   
littlgriz
(Login littlgriz1)

mrowes in a greement

January 28 2003, 7:10 AM 

yes dear uncal i a gree with you and aunt cindy

Respond to this message   
SDPaul
(no login)

Hi there Littlgriz!!

January 28 2003, 11:58 AM 

Nice to see you here again!

Respond to this message   
littlgriz
(Login littlgriz1)

helowe

January 28 2003, 1:12 PM 

helowe dear paul im glad to be back melegs have bin bad uncal love your littlgrizzzzzzzzy

Respond to this message   
SadieCass
(Login SadieCass1)

I second that!

January 29 2003, 12:51 PM 

I was thinking about the old forum a couple weeks ago...AND Whitzy...er, Whimsey, the Ditzy kitty. It's good to see a few more familiar faces here, though. It seems to be a bit easier going here, without the drama of musicals.net. Nice to see.

By the way, Paul...why haven't you shown up at the new Patch yet? pouts I promise we won't shave you on your first visit.

Sadie

Respond to this message   
Tiggertailz
(no login)

"The OTHER Paul"?

February 1 2003, 3:42 AM 

Is that like "the other white meat"? LOL
I totally know what you mean though. We talked about so many things OTHER than Cats, I just can't believe it's closing on Bway caused us to split so. I miss the family relationships we all had. :*(

BTW, sorry everyone for being away so much. I have tons going on, and my health hasn't been the best. Long story... sigh

(Oh, dear. Does this qualify as an OT post? I was always bad about that...)

Blows kisses,
Tigger

Respond to this message   
Slui(Selina)
(no login)

Oh, yeah.....

January 27 2003, 11:08 PM 

It surely was fun!
And then there was that Fans get together Party.

I was there in the First party, so shy that I hardly
get to mingle around.
But I do believe I am the only Asain.

Good old times....

~Selina

Respond to this message   
macavityBWAY
(Login macavityBWAY)

Re: Hi Selina!

January 29 2003, 7:47 PM 

Jeez! I had completely forgotten about him doing that to everyone on the forum. His clues made absolutely no sense whatsoever. 2+2=6 or something like that. Once he let on that it was him, he'd talk about what he was going to post as the next clue and we'd sit back and watch everyone try to figure out who it was. I must say that there some pretty creative answers to his riddles. We were all impressed by the creativity of everyone on the forum. 3 years ago? Where has the time gone!?

Keith

Respond to this message   
Carmelcat
(no login)

Time flies! (for Keith & anyone else)

January 29 2003, 8:17 PM 

The older you get, the FASTER time goes.

Dang, it's almost February, and I had to say, it's flat-out scary to see time whizz by me...**shudders**

Yeah, where DID the time go?! ai yi yi....

I remember Celina's (DEM) reply to the troll post that had me crying with laughter...

I remember Jeff (MUNK) and Keith (MAC) duking it out, to show who's the best tom there is around...

I remember the "food fights"....

I remember Billy's (CORICOPAT) creative posts about the "Mystery Cat"....

I (& Selina) remember Keith's "Big Macs" posts....

I remember Matt's Top 5 lists, and Keith's own post: "Top 5 uses for Macavity at Christmas" (posted on the OLD Musicals 11/29/2000) What I'd give to see what Keith wrote of that....!

Nick-o-las posted two links from the old Musicals.net board.
(it takes a while to load up):

http://web.archive.org/web/20001203234800/musicals.net/cgi-bin/forum?sn=100&show=Cats

http://web.archive.org/web/19991124121945/musicals.net/cgi-bin/forum?sn=100&show=Cats

Have fun looking back!

~Carmelcat

Respond to this message   

Sunshcat
(Login sunsh54)

The thing was...

January 31 2003, 7:54 PM 

the 2+2 thing had nothing to do with who he was he just threw that in to confuss everyone, LOL. Even though I knew who he was all along, I had a hard time putting the numbers together. When I asked him about it he told me what they meant and I said "huh" LOL.
Do you all remember his web page?

Cindy

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on MusicalsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

E-mail Forum Owner