Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?......Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • I pledge allegiance
    • allan
      Posted Sep 11, 2005 10:30 PM

This morning we were surprise to have the pulpit minister share a video tribute to the troops in Iraq. It was the sunset siloettes of AA guns, apache helicopters and tanks with "God of our Fathers" playing in the background. After the presentation, we then all stood to recite the pledge of allegiance. I thought I was going to worship God. Apparently, we came to worship the US Armed Forces and the flag.

I am all for the family of God supporting the men and women in the armed forces and their families. I am all for giving praise to God for the blessings He has given us as residents of the U.S. I am all for serving my country when called upon. I have a hard time letting my country, George W., the Republican Party, the flag come anywhere near my communal worship of our sovreign God and Father.

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.