Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

Where is my NewThisWeek Email subscription?......Click Here

Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

Return to Main Index  

Theiron: Beast "A New Style of Son or drama."

January 26 2011 at 9:50 PM

from IP address 67.142.130.49

Response to Maury Hills: Kairos-Ethos-Renovare Apostasy: Kairos is a demon or devil

Some added notes (for students only) to my partial review of Tom Burgess who quotes lots of documents on the psallo word.

http://www.piney.com/Music.Burgess.98.html

Tom Burgess, the instrumentalists and liberals will be in FELLOWSHIP at the Pepperdine lecturship OF and BY and FOR theologians or "doctors of the law" Jesus said who take away the key to knowledge. You can bettcha that there will be no ANTI-instrumentalists there

Hom. Od. 1.125 And a carver lifted up and placed before them platters of all manner of meats, and set by them golden goblets, while a herald ever walked to and fro pouring them wine. Then in came the proud wooers, and thereafter [145] sat them down in rows on chairs and high seats. Heralds poured water over their hands, and maid-servants heaped by them bread in baskets, and youths filled the bowls brim full of drink; and they put forth their hands to the good cheer lying ready before them.
[150] Now after the wooers had put from them the desire of food and drink,
.....their hearts turned to other things, to song and to dance;
.....for these things are the crown of a feast.
And a herald put the beautiful lyre in the hands of Phemius, who sang perforce among the wooers; [155] and he struck the chords in prelude to his sweet lay.

But Telemachus spoke to flashing-eyed Athena, holding his head close, that the others might not hear: Dear stranger, wilt thou be wroth with me for the word that I shall say?
.....These men care for things like these, the lyre and song,
.....160] full easily, seeing that without atonement they devour the livelihood of another,
.....of a man whose white bones, it may be, rot in the rain as they lie upon the mainland,
.....or the wave rolls them in the sea

This is what Jesus said of the Scribes and Pharisees he called hypocrites by pointing to Christ in Ezekiel 33 marking entertainment preachers, singers and instrument players.

Tom thinks he finds a Psallo type word mening to play the harp. However, the word is psallein. This is in the context of a MUSICIAN so if he plucks a harp then he plucks a harp. However, a kitharista is a harp player: all instruments use compound words to indicateboth pluck or strike AND the name of an instrument.

toi ho phormizn aneballeto kalon aeidein.

anaball , B. more freq. in Med., strike up, begin to play or sing (cf. anabol 11), anaballeto kalon aeidein Od.1.155, 8.266, Theoc.6.20: abs., anabaleo Pi.N.7.77; anabalou Ar.Pax1269: c. acc., eukhn a. t Erti Philostr.Im.1.29.

The PSALLO means ONLY to smite or strike something: this is similar to the word used when Jesus "cast out the musical minstrels like dung" from His healing presence.

Pind. N. 7 Under the yoke of destiny, different men are held by different restraints. But it is by your favor that, even so, Sogenes the son of Thearion, distinguished by his excellence, is celebrated in song as glorious among pentathletes. For he lives in a city that loves music, the city of the Aeacidae with their clashing spears; [10] and they very much want to foster a spirit familiar with contests. If someone is successful in his deeds, he casts a cause for sweet thoughts into the streams of the Muses. For those great acts of prowess dwell in deep darkness, if they lack songs, and we know of only one way to hold a mirror up to fine deeds: [15] if, by the grace of Mnemosyne with her splendid headdress, one finds a recompense for toils in glorious song. Skillful men know the wind that will come on the day after tomorrow, and they do not suffer loss through the love of gain. The rich man and the poor man alike travel together to the boundary of death. [20] And I expect that the story of Odysseus came to exceed his experiences, through the sweet songs of Homer, since there is a certain solemnity in his lies and winged artfulness, and poetic skill deceives, seducing us with stories, and the heart of the mass of men is blind. For if [25] they had been able to see the truth, then mighty Aias, in anger over the arms, would never have planted in his chest the smooth sword

But to you, Thearion, she gives a due measure of prosperity, and while you have gained a bold spirit for fine deeds, [60] she does not impair the wisdom of your mind. I am your friend; averting the dark shadow of abuse, and bringing genuine glory, like streams of water, to the man who is dear to me, I shall praise him. This wage is worthy of good men. If any Achaean man is nearby [65] who lives above the Ionian sea, he will not find fault with me. I trust in my being their representative. And among my fellow townsmen, the glance of my eye is bright; I have not overshot the mark, and I have thrust all violence away from my path. May the rest of my days approach benevolently. Anyone who knows the truth will declare whether I follow a path that is out of tune, singing a twisted5 song. [70] Sogenes, of the Euxenid clan, I swear that I did not overstep the line when I hurled, like a bronze-cheeked javelin, my swift tonguea throw that disqualifies a man's strong neck from the sweat of the wrestling-match, before his limbs fall under the burning sun. If there was toil, greater delight follows. [75] Let me go on. If I rose too high and shouted loudly, I am not too rude to pay my debt of gratitude to the victor. It is easy to weave garlands. Strike up the song! The Muse welds together gold and white ivory with coral, the lily she has stolen from beneath the ocean's dew. [80] But in remembrance of Zeus and in honor of Nemea, whirl a far-famed strain of song, softly

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: Theiron: Beast "A New Style of Son or drama."Fred WhaleyJan 27, 2011, 8:39 AM
Place your text ad here.           See all text ads

This web site is not part of or approved by any Church!

...........................THE BOOK

What Happened At the Madison Church of Christ?

There are thousands of churches being taken over across America.

This book is only about one of those churches. It's about the Madison Church Of Christ. By studying the methods used here along with the resource references you might be able to inoculate your church. At the very least you will recognize the signs early on.

Many of the current members of the Madison Church of Christ still don't know what happened.
Some never will know! This book is for them as well.

Madison Church of Christ was a 60 year old church. At one time it was one of the largest churches in the US, and the largest Church of Christ.

It thrived for many years on the vision of it's elders and those of it's ministers. Those visions undoubtably came from the the inspired word of Jesus Christ.

At sometime in the last 10 years there was a deliberate plan by a majority of the elders to take the Madison Church of Christ into a more worldly realm.

They used secrecy, covert planning, and outside sources to scheme and to change the format and direction of the Madison Church of Christ.

The Elders knew that the membership would never approve such a plan. Using the tools of the "Community Church Movement"(consultants, books, seminars, meetings,planters,seeders) they slowly started initiating change so it was never noticed by the members until it was too late.....

At the heart of the plan was the fact that old members were going to be driven off so new techniques could be used to go out and reach the unchurched through new "Contemporary Holy Entertainment" methods developed by the "Community Church Movement"

Old members had to be kept on board long enough to get their plans ready, or the funds would not be there to pay for the new building. So by the plans very nature, it had to be secret.

The church had no plan in effect to renew or approve elders. There was never any need. The elders had always been "as approved by God". 10 of the last 15 elders would begin to shed some doubt on that.

The Elders did not even need a majority at first, because some of the elders went along unwittingly.

This edition starts shortly after some of the members begin to smell something strange in January 2001. Later editions may go back and fill in some of the timeline.

To even start to understand whats happening here, you must read the background materials in the first of the book.

This is only the first edition, and not the end. New editions will be printed as needed. To keep abreast of current changes, please visit our web site; http://www.concernedmembers.com/madison

Here is the list of players;

5 Godly Elders
10 Not so Godly Elders
120 "Deacons" (allegiance unknown)
2,800 - 4,000 church "members"
2 "teners" (people who have publicly confessed to have broken all ten commandments)
Unknown number of "sinners" (This is what the 10 elders call us.)
Unknown number of "demons" (Flying everywhere, to many to count)

Click Here......The Book is Available Now FREE

Place your banner ad here.           See all banner ads

...ConcernedMembers.com ...About ...Links Library ...Sunday School in Exile ...Help Warn Others

FastCounter by bCentral